Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle firmware update process broken

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 09:12 AM)
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

@ Samsung support -

I have had my Freestyle since February of this year and have never been able to update the firmware past the original it shipped with.

About half way through I get an error with no additional information. 

Any chance you could help support this issue?

Cheers,

D.

18 REPLIES 18
AntS
Options

Hi @blitzableiter_ , Apologies for the lack of reply on this one. We haven't forgotten you! It's just still being looked into at the Samsung side of things.

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Cool, thank you - I appreciate it! Do I need to maybe get this Freestyle exchanged for a new one or? I quite love what it does and the picture quality. Thanks - Danny

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Hey guys, any update here - I bought this in January, I’ve posted this more than a month ago. I’d appreciate at least some semblance of customer support here. Thanks. 

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Can someone kindly respond to this - thanks.

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Hello team Samsung… any updates here?

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Will this get resolved for me or do I seek assistance and support elsewhere?

This “support” here is severely lacking. 

AntS
Options

Hi @blitzableiter_ ,

Apologies for the delayed reply on this one. It’s one of those where it’s been challenging to get some positive news for you.

If it’s a US device that’s in a European location it may be searching for the European software version instead of the US software version. We’ve been advised that a different internet connection or mobile hotspot might be worth trying (although, you've said you've already tried something along these lines).

In the instance that advice doesn’t work, or it's still not updating despite being located in the US, it’s likely your Freestyle would need to be physically inspected by an approved Samsung Support Centre to resolve or to check for any other possible issues with the device that may be preventing the update – and for that it’s best to get in touch with your local Samsung Support team.

0 Likes
alternateash
Student
Options

I’m having the same issue! No solution yet, huh?

0 Likes
alternateash
Student
Options

I have a EU Freestyle in EU so why am I also having this problem? Is there any way to manually update the firmware?

0 Likes