Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle firmware update process broken

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 03:23 PM)
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

@ Samsung support -

I have had my Freestyle since February of this year and have never been able to update the firmware past the original it shipped with.

About half way through I get an error with no additional information. 

Any chance you could help support this issue?

Cheers,

D.

18 REPLIES 18
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @blitzableiter_ 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Sure thing - here you are: copied straight from the Support - About Projector page:

PS: the error code I have been getting since day 1 was this:

PPS: the error code below simply is a page not found error, leading me to believe that it's trying to ping the SW update site which isn't correctly identified. Would be my guess anyway.

"There are no new updates for you at the moment. [HTTP404)"

• SP-LSP3BLAXZA
  • 4XQG39FT101646W
  • T-KSUZEPWWC-1015.3, BT - S
  • 40P00_AA17AB1AC1AD1A16_/L36
  • T-KUEPRTV-1000
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you followed the instructions shown on page 82 of the user manual to update the software of your Freestyle?: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202208/20220831125022368/LUXDVBEUB-2.0.0_EM_KANT-SU2e_...

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Yes - did you not see the above message?

PS: the error code I have been getting since day 1 was this:

PPS: the error code below simply is a page not found error, leading me to believe that it's trying to ping the SW update site which isn't correctly identified. Would be my guess anyway.

0 Likes
blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Hey Chris - kindly waiting on an update here 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @blitzableiter_ , Cheers for that info! It's definitely an odd one. 🤔

Are you able to post a clear picture of the label (and info) on the base of the Freestyle unit? We'll be able to forward that and the other info on to the TV/AV experts on our side to see if they can identify why it's stuck at that firmware version.

blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

hey! thanks for looking into this for me - I have no idea what's going on, I reset the Freestyle, I have logged into different networks, nothing, the error code is always the same...

here you go: bottom pic of Freestyle as requested.

Please see if we can get this figured out asap ... it's a giant PIA! LOL

IMG_1199.jpeg

blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Greetings, just checking in if you were able to discover the issue preventing me from receiving / downloading / installing any of the Freestyle SW updates? 

Thanks!

blitzableiter_
Explorer
Options

Hello... just checking in, it's been a few weeks... have you been able to get any insights into this? It's rather frustrating that I am unable to update the FW since purchasing this Freestyle back in February... Can someone from Samsung please help? Thanks.