Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freesat signal loss

(Topic created on: 08-01-2019 09:59 PM)
Bazza25
Student
Options

I'm having an issue with my QE65Q8DNA when I scan for channels using the freesat option. The tv doesn't recognise my postcode or any other one that I've tried. I continue to scan for channels, once complete it finds 190 channels. Then when I go into guide the freesat channels are listed but no info is displayed in the schedule field. When I select a channel to watch e.g. BBC1 it says no signal.

I'm at a loss, Samsung support are just passing it to freesat.co.uk and telling me the settings on the LNB are wrong. I've never had this issue with a freesat tv before (other brands).

Can anyone advise please

18 REPLIES 18
Chilleddaz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Sorry I should have posted that indeed this was The issue. If you have a Sky Q box the LNB is changed due to different frequencies being used. I luckly had an old one from my original sky HD. Ot took about 5 minutes to change and everything worked perfectly. 

0 Likes
WallyB
Apprentice
Options

Thanks  Chilleddaz,

Do you recall if you used a 4-way or single LNB please?  Did you use a singnal meter to adjust the alignment or did it work right away?

0 Likes
Gdude42
First Poster
Options

I seem to be having the same issue ... this does not make sense.

I think my TV decided to rescan the channel list during the night as the next day various channels have stopped working.

I tried to manually retune the Freesat channels and got the same message saying invalid post code.

I have also tried doing a manual software update ... still no joy

tried a factory reset ... again, no go.

What is strange is that manually tuning the Astra 19.2E (which I understand Freesat uses)  I can get a majority of the channels back but without.the channels that were not working when I did the Freesat scan.

This to me sounds like a definite software error somewhere down the line and not a hardware issue 

I can’t see why I would have to go to the expense of getting a new LNB fitted when it has been working fine for a year+ and manually tuning directly off the same satellite.

could anyone that has a confirmed working Freesat Samsung tv please post the working LNB settings so I can check.

Thanks

Freesat1
Apprentice
Options

Any solution for freesat viewing signal issue? Up until few weeks ago all was well. 
MY tV model is QE43Q60TAU

any help appreciated 

toriekidd
First Poster
Options
Having the same issue
painter1960
Explorer
Options
Hi 👋
I'm having similar problems, I have a manhattan box, one in living room and one in bedroom..some of my channels are showing in guide menu but are not coming on . My tv is saying no signal.
I've even attached my coax from the box directly onto the tv as it's a smart tv and the same channels are off with my tv saying invalid data. So I'm assuming it's the satalite itself which is not working properly 🤔
0 Likes
painter1960
Explorer
Options
Ps my smart television is a lg
0 Likes
Members_MILAoxa
First Poster
Options

you don’t happen to know what adapter is needed?  

0 Likes
TechGuyAI
First Poster
Options

I’ve had similar. I had SkyQ previous so have latest wideband sky LNB on the dish. I’m wondering if this is due to the satellite decoder being used in the tv? The very latest Freesat boxes are fine with SkyQ wideband LNB whereas previous devices required the LNB to be replaced by a hybrid type. Those that got it working did your LNB get replaced with a hybrid LNB? I’ll test it later this year when I get my hands on a top end Freesat box.  

0 Likes