Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freesat signal loss

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 04:52 PM)
Bazza25
Student
Options

I'm having an issue with my QE65Q8DNA when I scan for channels using the freesat option. The tv doesn't recognise my postcode or any other one that I've tried. I continue to scan for channels, once complete it finds 190 channels. Then when I go into guide the freesat channels are listed but no info is displayed in the schedule field. When I select a channel to watch e.g. BBC1 it says no signal.

I'm at a loss, Samsung support are just passing it to freesat.co.uk and telling me the settings on the LNB are wrong. I've never had this issue with a freesat tv before (other brands).

Can anyone advise please

18 REPLIES 18
Alexander61
Student
Options

I have a similar problem with my TV. It's a UE37ES6300UXXU which recently has stopped working on certain Freesat channels. Using the self test feature it shows good signal strength on some channels and for those not working it shows a fluctuating signal.  Tried auto retuning but system says my postcode is invalid. 
firmware is up to date and I know the satellite dish is ok as I have a Humax Freesat box off the same dish and that works fine with full signal strength. 
anyone got any suggestions?

Chilleddaz
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have just bought the same TV and am having the exact same problem. Did you ever work it out?

0 Likes
Bazza25
Student
Options

Hi, No I never got it fixed. Samsung support are hopeless and won't acknowledge that there is any issue with this. They pass it onto freesat saying it's an issue with the setup. I've tried every setting but still no luck. If you ever get a solution let me know.

Morro85
Apprentice
Options

I just want to add that I'm having the same problem! 

WallyB
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem as Bazza.

I swapped-out my working Sky Q Box and connected both co-axial cables to the TV.  I performed auto-tune to Freesat with the standard settings and I get the EPG but no signal.

I understand that Sky and Freesat use the same Satelite so I can't see how this can be a problem with the Dish.

My TV model is ue55nu8000.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Morro85
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys! I've since sorted this.

I had recently come off Sky Q. When Sky installed Sky Q, they installed an "LNB" on the dish that only allows reception of sky signal. 

To solve this particular problem, an engineer can come out and replace the "LNB" on the dish. 

All fixed as a result!

WallyB
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Morro.

Sounds like sharp practises by Sky if this is true but I would have thought there would be posts in other forums to corroborate this.

I think I'll ring Freesat tomorrow to see if they are aware of this before forking out for an LNB and possibly an engineer

0 Likes
Morro85
Apprentice
Options

Well worth double checking!

I should mention that I went to Freesat first, who explained that this was the problem.

Good luck!

0 Likes
WallyB
Apprentice
Options

My TV rental company has confirmed that I need to replace the LNB antenna.

Thanks again, Morro.

0 Likes