Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?fraud by Samsung

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 04:35 PM)
cashback111
Journeyman
Options

I am furious with Samsung and think they are perpetrating a fraud.

I bought a television which qualified for cashback but was subsequently rejected for it.

I have records of their terms stating that we were eligible for it and thought it would be a simple case to prove.

Unfortunately no-one in Customer Services will address it and I am being sent repetitive generic messages asking me to take it up with other departments. 

No department will deal with it and despite me advising I wish to make a complaint, no-one will acknowledge it.

Me impression is that they think I will give up if they ignore me and make it very hard for me to engage with them.

My recommendation would be to avoid purchasing from them. I feel like a sucker now. They have fraudulently taken money off me and will not let me contest it as they make follow up contact extremely difficult.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
cashback111
Journeyman
Options

I am furious with Samsung and think they are perpetrating a fraud.

I bought a television which qualified for cashback but was subsequently rejected for it.

I have records of their terms stating that we were eligible for it and thought it would be a simple case to prove.

Unfortunately no-one in Customer Services will address it and I am being sent repetitive generic messages asking me to take it up with other departments. 

No department will deal with it and despite me advising I wish to make a complaint, no-one will acknowledge it.

Me impression is that they think I will give up if they ignore me and make it very hard for me to engage with them.

• My recommendation would be to avoid purchasing from them. I feel like a sucker now. They have fraudulently taken money off me and will not let me contest it as they make follow up contact extremely difficult.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Which TV model, how much was it, what was the cashback value, when and where did you buy it.
0 Likes
cashback111
Journeyman
Options

32" the frame. 2nd tv bought this year from Samsung.com

£50 cashback as part of purchase. Subsequently refused - would not accept return as out of 21 day window (cashback cannot be applied for within this window - neat trick samsung). No customer service departments will take ownership, continually asking for resubmission of information despite tgem having received it all, then referring me back to Samsung.com without any further comment. I feel their behaviour is designed to get you just to give up and applaud them on a fantastic con. Much as i like their products their customer service makes Virgin media look warm and welcoming...

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't think it's unreasonable to apply for a cashback claim after the return window is closed, how many people would claim the cashback then return the item.

Did you claim the cashback within the claim period?
0 Likes
cashback111
Journeyman
Options

I claimed the cashback during the appropriate cashback claim window. Otherwise I would have no case to plead with Samsung.

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
What was the reason for the rejection.
0 Likes
cashback111
Journeyman
Options

They said the model wasn't part of the offer. Fortunately i have the original screenshot that says it was. They will not comment when i send it to them. They refer me between departments and then each department goes on to blank me and refer me to Samsung.com

Frustrating because i can prove my case but it's useless if Samsung don't listen and continue to give me the runaround.  I have asked them to hear my complaint but they act as if they have not received my request. 

They are a large company with a big turnover.  Why should they compare about customer dissatisfaction as long as people are still willing to buy their products?

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Take them to the small claims court and ask for all your money back hope that helps
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So you keep posting. Fraud Accusations are pretty serious, in fact libellous. I suggest you follow the advice given in your multiple spam posts.
I understand your dissatisfaction and sympathise with you and think you have been treated badly but poor customer service is not fraud and if Samsung took action it would be very costly for you. Your IP address etc will have been logged so you had better be careful with your accusations.