Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV turning on by itself

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 05:02 AM)
EricHarter
Student
Options

I purchased a 75” Frame TV on 5/31/22. The sole purpose of the TV is to display vertical artwork and spent months designing and mounting the TV into a custom frame. Started using the Frame on 10/1/22.

Around the last week in December, the TV started turning on by itself.  It is never “turned on” since it is always in “Art Mode”.  Using the remote, I would “Turn off” the TV to get it back into “Art Mode”.  However, it would turn back on within a few hours.

I verified that it had the latest firmware version.  I read online that the SmartThings app might be turning it on, so I disabled the Wi-Fi on the TV, however this did not remedy this issue.  I then “Reset to Factory Settings” through the menu structure, however this did not remedy this issue.  Note: Since this TV is only being used as a digital frame, there are no external devices connected to any of the ports.

I timed how long it takes before the TV to turn on by itself and here are the results:
   3 hrs 27 min
   4 hrs 14 min
   4 hrs 15 min
   4 hrs 19 min
   4 hrs 20 min
   4 hrs 39 min
   4 hrs 40 min

Based on these close and repeated times, it indicates that there is an issue with the TV and not a potential stray RF signal turning on the TV.

TV INFO:
   MN : QN75LS03BAFXZA
   SN : 0DHD3CAT300461E
   FW : T-PTMAKUC-1430.1
   FC : SWU-OU_T-PTMAKUC_1430_230109
   MI : T-PTMAKUC
   LS : US
   DI : KLCKEHBTGRDAW
   MA : D0C24E8E458E
   SC : 40201_AC21AD1AE3_Z_AA67AC63AD12.6AE13.1AF0TB0BA44CA77EE532IB124IC240

TV SETTINGS:
   Service Provider: Disabled
   Motion Lighting: Disabled
   Screen Saver: Disabled
   Auto Power Saving: Disabled
   Auto Power Off: Disabled
   Start Screen Options: All Disabled
   Remote Management: Disabled

Does anyone know what can be done to remedy this issue?  I have invested $5,600 and 40 hours in this dedicated digital frame that I have to constantly switch back to art mode.

27 REPLIES 27
KholaI
Options

Hey @EricHarter 

This does all sound quite strange. Have you been in touch with our Mobile Team regarding this? If not, please do get in touch with them as they'll be able to remotely access your TV to look into this further. Please use the following link to get in touch with Samsung Support in your region: http://www.samsung.com/global/support/globalcontact.html

0 Likes
EricHarter
Student
Options

Thx!  They could not figure it out by connecting to it, so sending out a technician. 

Appelguy
First Poster
Options

Were you able to resolve this?  I am having the exact same issue and Samsung hasn’t been able to resolve.  

Support site says there will be an upcoming firmware to resolve this but it’s already been 2+ months.  

0 Likes
BrookeY1
First Poster
Options

Were you able to resolve this issue? Same issue on my frame and hoping to know a possible resolution before I contact support.

0 Likes
B10B
Student
Options

Hi,

Also having the same issue with my Frame TV. Was there a resolution for you? It's probably a shitty software problem. Was reading it might be an Ambient Light settings issue?
Very much regretting buying this TV now, and having to go turn it off at 4AM and 6AM every morning so it doesn't wake my sleeping child up, not to mention this is throughout the day. Who in their right mind would make a TV that turns on by itself? This is ridiculous. 

BrookeY1
First Poster
Options

My work around is to set up a routine in the smartthings app to turn off the TV between 10p-6a if it turns on. Seems to be working well. 

0 Likes
SoxFan
Student
Options

Anyone actually received a “fix” from Samsung?

I have the 43” version and have been considering adding a 65” version, but no chance I’m buying another one before Samsung actually fixes the problem.

craigde
Student
Options

I have the same issue. Anyone figured it out with support yet?

Chanton
Student
Options

I have a similar problem. Over the past 2 weeks or so, when in Art Mode, the set switches to live TV after anywhere from 30-45 minutes. As for support, they are useless. They know only 3 English phrases, no matter what you say: "I'm sorry for the inconvenience", "Do a factory reset" and "we'll schedule a technician to come out."  In each case, except this one, I have found workarounds to the problems on my own, after extensive searching on the 'Net. ALL problems have come down to either their flaky cloud or flaky software. While my house is filled to the brim with Samsung products - smart washer and dryer, fridge, all my cellphones, smart microwave and 3 other 4k UHD TV's (minimum size 60"), this is the first product I have ever had a problem with and the problems and bugs have been constant since day one. The worst Samsung purchase I ever made. And their support is abyssmal. I don't even waste my time any more. This may well be my last Samsung purchase now that I know how utterly useless their support and customer service are.