Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame TV slideshow stops working

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 07:47 PM)
VintageAAA
Journeyman
Options

The Slideshow in Art mode just stops working on The 2020 Frame TV.  Select a collection, set an interval and it starts changing for a few hours, then simply hangs on one picture and never changes again. 

I know this is a duplicate, but this is of of the main advertised features of Frame TV and it is broken for more that 6 months with no fix. Pathetic.

I tried turning on and off, completely resetting Smarthub and other suggestions - nothing works. Software version 2014. It was working fine before the big update that added random shuffling.

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@VintageAAA: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you confirm if the slideshow hangs for all selected Collections and Intervals, or just certain ones? Are you interacting with The Frame in the time that the slideshow works as expected? I've noticed that upgrade 2014.1 is currently available on our website, therefore please head to Settings > Support > Software Update to see if you're able to update to the latest version from here.

0 Likes
VintageAAA
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, it hangs on all Collections and Intervals I tried. I only use Art store, not my personal collections, I can try that if needed. I set it to intervals from 10 min to 2 hours ant the result is the same. 

I tried updating, but it says that there is no update. I live in Lithuania, may it be that the update is not available here for some reason?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@VintageAAA: As a troubleshooting step, please can you try the slideshow with your own photo collections to see if the issue persists? In the meantime, try pressing and holding the power button on your remote until the TV restarts, or unplug it at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in, as this will refresh the TV and should address any temporary, contributing factors. 

0 Likes
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Same happens on 2021 too, slideshow just gets stuck now and then randomly.

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

I have read a lot concerning this issue and have made one observation that nobody posted here before....

always when the slideshow stopped I had to log in to my Samsung account again.

So the solution to this matter may not be the slideshow but why is there a forced logout of the Samsung account???

0 Likes
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Hm, isnt it other way around? I guess you have TV connected via wi-fi? If thats so, what probably happens is that your router either resets IP/connection lease after some hours (its default setting for most routers) and that causes your TV being booted out of Samsung account which in turn causes slideshow to stop.

Just a guess tho.

You could test by using own pics and doing own slideshow just with them.

0 Likes
Tokyolondon
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. The suggested steps do not fox the problem 

0 Likes
Members_DTV7kM7
First Poster
Options

I have read a lot concerning this issue and have made one observation that nobody posted here before....

always when the slideshow stopped or is not available anymore I was not logged in to my Samsung account and I had to log in again to make the slideshow available again...

So the solution to this matter may not be the slideshow itself but why is there a forced logout of the Samsung account???

What could cause the forced logout of the Samsung account? Is just a simple disconnection of WLAN / LAN the reason for a logout of the Samsung account???

0 Likes
VintageAAA
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I did some testing: 

I tried restarting the TV by holding power button for a long time, then I reset my network settings. This appeared to help initially, the slideshow was working for the entire day, but sadly still stopped the next morning and then again after restart few hours later.

I tried my own photo collection and that appears to work much better, but not perfect. It was running now for 2 days at least, but still stopped once after the TV went into night sleep mode. Today it appears to be working fine even after night sleep.

So in conclusion, it works (mostly) fine with personal collection, but not with Art store. 

0 Likes