Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

frame tv restarts

(Topic created on: 14-09-2022 02:26 PM)
Surya Victory
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm using samsung 2021 FRAME TV model .. Tv keeps  restarting for every 30 mins and trying to start from where it was before it went off.can you help me with the solution?

Even technicians/engineer couldn't solve this issue . They're saying its your router issue .Changed many routers but still facing the same .

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Surya Victory  Not sure the troubleshooting the technicians have tried. However  check you have the latest firmware which is 2101, if not it can be uploaded to USB and updated that way.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE50LS03AAUXXU/ 

if not the issue or does not make a difference try a soft Remote of the Tv  by pressing and holding the Power Button on a the smart Remote for around 5 seconds until the Tv Reboots, if that does not work unplug  Tv from mains for around 5 minutes. others ideas are  Factory Reset ,Reboot router (by unplugging) and changing  the DNS Settings.  Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   Change from Automatic to   to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (Google Serves) alternatively  208.67.222.222 or  208.67.220.220  (Open DNS)  Same information on DNS here https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
Surya Victory
Apprentice
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 ,

Thanks for your reply . I did research on this issue in samsung community and I found the solution for this.

Basically this is the issue with the smart hub software in the TV . Smart hub automatically getting restart when it checks for the updates. So I went to settings>>general>> smart features and turned off Autorun smart hub and the other two options as well.

Now I'm not facing the issue. Hope this thread/Fix would be helpful to the people.

Thanks

benhbell
Apprentice
Options

Hey Surya! I have been struggling with this same issue too. After watching tv for 4 minutes or so, the ***** thing restarts, and it does it a few times before behaving normally. It has been hell.

I just attempted your fix, and so far so good. I will update this thread if it fixed it for me longterm.

For peoples information I have the 55" 2022 Frame TV. I have already had it serviced with a motherboard replacement and did all the troubleshooting steps samsung has given me, but still had the issue.

0 Likes
benhbell
Apprentice
Options

Still happening, although now only when I power up from a cold boot

0 Likes
Gitbitdig
Journeyman
Options
Hi did you mange to get this sorted. It seems to be a problem with frame tvs around 2 years old, mine included samsung have been horrendous in helping. I want a replacement under consumer rights fair usage guidance.
0 Likes