Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame tv Optical audio after bluetooth

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 10:40 PM)
atonaltensor
Student
Options

I have my Samsung frame tv (2021) connected to my Vizio sound bar through optical audio (toslink) and it works great. However, if I switch to Bluetooth audio, afterwards(when I am done and turn off the Bluetooth headset), the Frame TV automatically switches to internal speakers, and I have to manually go into settings to go back to optical audio.

this is very annoying, since we use the Bluetooth headset often. How do we set the optical audio as the “default” option, so it automatically goes back to it when Bluetooth is disconnected?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TechSupportUK
Pioneer
Options
as far as I'm aware this isn't possible. However does the soundbar have a HDMI output? if so plug the soundbar into the TV from the soundbar output and into HDMI (ARC) on the TV. This offers higher resolution audio than optical and so long as you plug it into the HDMI ARC socket on the TV then the TV will use this output as the default.
0 Likes
atonaltensor
Student
Options

Hello, Thank you for the reply!

I have switched now to using HDMI ARC to connect my sound bar to the Frame TV. However, the SAME ISSUE is still happening. After I switch off my bluetooth headset, the TV automatically switches back to internal Frame TV speakers, and I have to manually switch back to HDMI audio (which shows up as "Receiver (HDMI)" in my sound output settings). 

How do I make the FrameTV default to using the HDMI audio after bluetooth disconnection?

HotPom
First Poster
Options

My response from Samsung regarding this annoyance...

Hi John, We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. This is in regards to your recent interaction with one of the associate with the Chat ids: **** on the issue with Bluetooth connection. When you disconnect the Headphones from TV, the sound speaker settings on the TV will revert back to TV speaker. It’s a normal operation of the TV. Samsung values you as a customer and want to insure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern. John, We appreciate you contacting Samsung Electronics and being a valued customer. 

0 Likes