Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV: Mat settings for slide show

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 01:49 PM)
yroey
First Poster
Options

I've tried to look it up on the app and online, but I couldn't find a way to choose a mat when running the art mode to a slide show. All the pictures take up the entire screen which really takes away from the "real picture frame" experience 😕

It'll be great if there was an option to set the default mat for all pictures in the app's settings.

24 REPLIES 24
Rick99
Student
Options

Agreed, "mat format for slide show pictures" should be a thing. Samsung phones excel at providing choice in configuration. I hope the TV department at Samsung follows suite and this feature gets into the next release update.

RediePlayerOne
First Poster
Options

The only way I have concluded this can be done is for each art work in the curated set you must first select each individual art work and customize the mat. This appears to be a saved setting on that piece of artwork. Now, when you go to play the curation as a slideshow the each artwork will use the mat that you customized for it. It's a bit of work but it can be done. Hope this helps someone.

WeeklyWebster
First Poster
Options

I've loaded 5500 pictures on my new Frame. "It's a bit of work" would take 40 hours of non-stop configuring to add a different mat to each one.

I am STUNNED that the mat isn't a global setting.

Daniel V
Apprentice
Options

@Samsung 
is there an update coming which will make it possible to adjust mat settings on multiple photos?

VVet6768
Journeyman
Options

The whole thing needs to be rewritten to support folders so you can have different slideshows for different seasons/occasions/mood and also default mat selection for photos.  In addition, the whole mat section should provide for infinite color selection just like Microsoft apps do.  the current selection of colors is horrible.  But then, again, I don't think anyone at Samsung cares.  Hopefully, we'll get some competition in this arena.

JGreene33
First Poster
Options

This is absolutely insane that it is not a global setting. Very disappointing. 

bbj14
Student
Options

+1. It is insane that there is no way to at least choose the mat settings for multiple art works. As a software engineer, I know this feature is just a few lines of code. Come on... Please fix this. This beautiful product deserves some better software engineers to work on this. 

WG505
First Poster
Options

Just here to add my vote that there should be a way to select mat by default. The art mode is the reason I bought this TV and with the mat on it looks great. In a slideshow you can go through and manually select a mat for each and every image, but come on! That’s so dumb! 

In general this seems to be the norm for Samsung software. Great ideas that they took to 90% complete and then left the last few details undone, making what could be an awesome experience into a frustrating one. 

shell57
First Poster
Options

I'm also stunned that you can't set a default mat for a collection or everything.  It doesn't look like a piece of art without the mat -- isn't that THE POINT of this tv??  Sadly I've got to pack it up and return it - useless.  What a waste of time.

Kaypod81
Apprentice
Options

Agree!!! It’s tedious to have to choose a mat for every single picture. 

0 Likes