Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV: Mat settings for slide show

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 02:27 PM)
yroey
First Poster
Options

I've tried to look it up on the app and online, but I couldn't find a way to choose a mat when running the art mode to a slide show. All the pictures take up the entire screen which really takes away from the "real picture frame" experience 😕

It'll be great if there was an option to set the default mat for all pictures in the app's settings.

24 REPLIES 24
danlun59
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely agree. Yes this must be a standard. Why have The Frame Slideshow if it doesn't support automatic mat.

GQue
First Poster
Options

Agreed! I'm really disappointed in the art mode functionality and it's the only reason I bought this tv. Otherwise I would have just gotten another OLED that has a better picture IMO.

Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

A) make own mat in PhotoShop and make sure result has 3840x2160 pixels

B) use 8bit jpeg/png images of resolution 3840x2160 or less and then pic mat in the TV

danlun59
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yes but I'm talking about all the standard pictures / paintings included in Samsung, this are the ones that I use, and want a function to switch on a Samsung mat when doing a slideshow.

On the other hand Im not sure what you mean with your two points. Are you suggesting you create a mat yourself and then add that to all paintings manually? But not on Samsungs material I assume?

Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Ah, never used those. Not possible to assign to them mat on per-pic basis?

With own material it works fine.

Yea I make own mats for my own pics, they work better than ones in TV. Especially since I want often two pics per view (portrait orientation). I think really big Frames can actually do that too, but mine is just 43", so they probably didnt  expect ppl to use it like that.

To be honest, considering what The Frame is, it doesnt seem they expected ppl to actually use it as actual Frame. Support for picture side of things is absolutely ***** poor.

kg7
First Poster
Options

This is the exact question I came here to find out. I bought a Frame TV instead of buying art for my wall and I love it. But the default for most pictures is to have no mat and that looks much less nice than without.

Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Mats are possible only for your own stuff that you upload manually into TV. And it must be in 8-bit format (PNG, JPG).

0 Likes
ksleini
First Poster
Options

In order to do the slideshow mode, you'll have to add photos to the TV itself (it supports about 500MB) and hit start rotation. I don't usually use the rotation, as I prefer to keep different paintings up for each season.

I believe there's a way to have it loop through your Samsung cloud like the ambient mode on the QLEDs, but I've never tried it. As for picture quality, it's fine, it's still cinema hd an edge lit, but it's one of the best edge lits on the market, if not the best. (Since it is just a Q60 with better uniformity)

Don't take it personally, there's a lot of stuck up snobs on here that like to flex. The Frame is fine, especially if you're one of those people trying to work around a picky spouse that doesn't want any TV in the space you're wanting to use.

0 Likes
Chad Marshall
First Poster
Options

Perhaps Samsung will hear this complaint and add this feature via a software update. Samsung are you listening???