Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV for public service request

(Topic created on: 02-08-2022 04:54 PM)
Frame TV2
First Poster
Options

I have been trying for a couple of months now to get someone at Samsung to at least respond to my messages. Maybe someone here can direct me to the correct person. 

I am a prominent artist partnering with concerned organizations to help block the stigma of substance use disorder. I would like to explore avenues whereby I can obtain reseller pricing or other ways that I can procure several large screen monitors for my public service exhibitions which deal with substance use disorder and the stigma which prevents people from getting the help and support they need. My sister died of an opioid overdose. 

Monitor cost is the single largest obstacle to continuing my mission of continuing to create these events in art centers, galleries and universities.

I am currently exhibiting digital-hybrid work focussing on opioid use disorder and the current crisis surrounding it. This is of course a very non-political cause that universally impacts many families. These are non-commercial exhibitions in which I am collaborating with film makers, medical centers and government agencies.

I have recently cooperated with the University of Colorado, University of Michigan, Kaiser Perminente, The National Institutes on Drug Abuse and others. This project has been covered by National Public Radio (NPR), British Broadcasting Company (BBC), the Scripps network of more than 100 local television stations and many more media outlets around the world.

The stigma faced by my sister and our family whether from the health care system, our community, loved ones and even from all of us, prevented her from getting the proper diagnosis and treatment. Then comes the recovery and healing part which is so influenced by stigma as well.

Eliminating stigma and normalizing the discussion is the first step to fighting substance use disorder. The scientific and medical professionals I collaborate with agree and say that they cannot begin to do their job if stigma prevents people from getting the help they need.

My art is exhibited internationally at universities, art centers, museums and galleries. I am a frequent speaker and lecturer and my work has been featured and reviewed in the national and international media. More than 300,000 people follow my work on social media.

Here are a few links to some of the some of the media related to this mission.

National Public Radio

ABC Scripps Denver Channel 7

National Institute On Drug Addiction

Here is a link to my web page.  www.WilliamStoehrArt.com

My collaborators and I believe in the power of art to normalize the discussion and help break down the stigma of addiction and I am motivated to take my art to the next level in this service. This is why I need a first-class display option both to support my mission and to also show the potential for large-scale digital fine art.

My art is exhibited internationally at universities, art centers, museums and galleries. I am a frequent speaker and lecturer and my work has been featured and reviewed in the national and international media. More than 300,000 people follow my work on social media.

I appreciate any thoughts any of you have and I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0