Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAME TV : Feature Request : My Photo Folders

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 04:06 PM)
AdrianUK
First Poster
Options

I have a FrameTV and it's lovely to show my family photos and others downloaded off the Internet. The only thing missing is the ability to sort photos in to folders/albums or extend the favourite system to allow tagging of photos with a custom tag. 

If this was possible then you could start a sideshow from a folder/tag and hence control what you wanted to display - i.e. StarWars day (May 4th), American Independence day (July 4th), etc

It would also allow a bit of photo management on the TV to group photos together. 

Thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Thebbs
First Poster
Options

This is something that's I'd really love to see. It would make the entire experience so perfect. I'm collating artworks for a slideshow for Halloween and I'm having to think about whether I want to delete all my images currently on the TV, upload the new ones, and then revert afterward. Would be so much nicer if I could select a slideshow from a group of images.

Johnny337
First Poster
Options

Can we PLEASE have this functionality??   It doesn't seem like much of an ask.  I hate how little thought is put into the end user experience.

Daniel V
Apprentice
Options

I'd love to see these features. A bit more functionality in photo management in general would be nice: sorting photos by time, tags, etc. / applying the same settings on a selection of photos (same passe-partout settings and filters) instead of having to adjust them one-by-one / ... Not much of an ask I think.

Begoodi
First Poster
Options

Yes please, allow us to create folders and launch slideshow from there

MarcJo
First Poster
Options

I'm noticing how this topic is producing so many first posts (like mine) from Frame TV owners. I considered Thebbs solution as a way to generate a tailored slide show but I don't want to risk the headache of getting all my previous visual content restored properly. It's a shame no Samsung moderator has responded to this thread given the almost 2 years it has run. This feature could produce great product marketing for Samsung. I know my friends would notice a running slide show on my Frame that's supporting my party's theme and ask about what TV model this is. Sigh.

Alec Turner
First Poster
Options

I found this post while googling for "how can I organise my Frame TV photos?". Would really love a way to organise my photos better. As an example, I've now got seasonal sets of photos (spring, summer, autumn, winter) as well as photos from holidays and various other themes. What I have to do is laboriously go through all my photos adding/removing favourites until I have all one theme, and then start a slideshow of favourites. Being able to either tag my photos with themes/keywords or maybe preserve the source folder name when transferring photos from my phone (such that I can then select just that folder on the Frame) would make a HUGE difference to what is arguably this TV's main selling feature.

samstyles
First Poster
Options

Same here!

KayOhBee
First Poster
Options

Yes!!!  Samsung, please listen to us. I am trying to keep my images in files on a USB thumb drive, but it is so awkward. Please give us image management options. 

Gal A
First Poster
Options

Two years later and still a ***** interface, I bought the 2022 two months ago just as a frame, and regret it since. They force you to load their atrocious-priced gallery before getting to your collection, and still, no folders, no albums, nothing, art mode settings look like it was made by a junior-level developer fresh out of preschool. 

I wish it would change... They have a lot to learn from their competition.