Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAME TV: Feature Request... correction, DEMANDS!

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 10:12 AM)
GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options

Dear Samsung,

I am tired of waiting for the product I was sold, and judging by the number of other people in these threads, I'm not the only one. I purchased the 65" Frame a year ago expecting a certain amount of basic functionality from the Art Mode. It was not delivered. I was expecting it based on the fact that there are minimum standard features for any device like this which presents some kind of content, the fact that this TV was twice as expensive as your equivalent TV without Art Mode, and the fact that the moderators here originally seemed interested in our feedback. It hasn't happened, you've simply taken my money in exchange for false promises and a rubbish product. I would love to have had 20 of them around the studio by now, but I'm still regretting the 1 I purchased to test.

I have all but given up any hope in making any use of the Art Mode functionality, but in case someone there actually has any interest in improving the product to a minimum acceptable standard, I have collated the most requested feature updates from the vast number of complaints I have seen across this site and others below. I cannot fathom why most of these aren't included already, or why they seem to be so inconvenient for you to implement, but here they are anyway.

Slideshow Functionality

- Provide an option to randomize the image sequence.  Currently the slideshow only plays start to finish, music players haven't done this since cassette tapes went out of fashion!

- Randomize the starting image, or pick up the sequence from the last image when returning to Art Mode.

- Assign a skip forward/back to the remote so that Art Mode can be used as a presentation medium, or simply skip over an image you don't like. Again, you're stuck here in the days of cassette tapes!

- Allow the user to select the duration/interval of each image, for many the current minimum of 10 minutes is too long.

- Option that defaults to Slideshow. As it is, when returning to Art Mode, or after a power outage, the slideshow stops altogether or the duration resets to 6 hours.

Images

- An option that sets the default mat for imported images or can be applied to multiple/all images. It is cumbersome to change them all one-by-one.

- Allow mat size adjustments, not just a fixed distance as it is now.

- Provide photographers/artists with an ICC profile so that they can get a better proof of the images they intend to display.

- Allow images to be uploaded with a title and basic information like the artist and brief description.

- Assign an information button to the remote so that image details can be overlaid on the screen without having to go back to the settings menu. The Meural digital canvas does this very well if you need an example.

Art Store

- Provide artists with the ability to make their artwork available on the Art Store.

Bugs

- Currently the slideshow ends at random, or when returning to Art Mode, or when waking from sleep mode or power reset. Some people say that it's just the duration that resets to 6 hours, but my experience is that it stays with the single image until the slideshow is restarted manually.

- Image transitions are currently horrible. A simple crossfade or something would be much more aesthetic than what currently happens... first image is removed, screen flashes white, second image is displayed, and then some kind of image optimization happens. It's hideous, fix it.

I'm sure I've probably missed plenty, and there is a lot more that could be done with this, but most of the above should be considered minimum requirements, be programmatically simple to implement and therefore cost very little in development, and provide the necessary functionality to make this an actual useful tool in a professional environment.

To be fair, the TV functionality is great, but it's not what everyone paid the exorbitant premium for!

A comment from the moderators better than "we'll pass it on" would be appreciated.

An expected delivery date on a firmware update from the developers would be as well!

Thanks

- On behalf of your many (currently) unhappy Frame TV customers!

18 REPLIES 18
heartdrmd
Student
Options

AMEN!!!!!!!

Efstratios
Apprentice
Options

Samsung these feature requests have been going on for more than a year now to no avail. No response, no acknowledgment. 

What a shame...

Csky
Explorer
Options

55" here. I totally agree! Just do it!

Csky
Explorer
Options

I don't agree, the product is basically satisfactory, but it's the worst forum response of samsung on this topic, that I agree for sure. Also, many software updates, such as image display time interval would be very easy to realise within minutes of programming.

0 Likes
nzjo
Student
Options

Just bought my one and assumed there was a way I could rearrange. Weird and disappointing. As is Samsung’s lack of response 

montmorency
Apprentice
Options
agree. the software needs an upgrade.
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Funny enough I came to the Community looking for a way to submit some enhancement requests, your post was first in the list, and it already covers everything I intended suggesting!  Most crucial to me were the ability to set slideshow as the default when art mode is activated, to pick up where it left off, display randomly, and set a default matte!  I hope Samsung is listening as these same very basic requests. Whilst I love the TV overall, I won't keep the subscription unless these basics become reality. 

Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

What is very interesting is the lack of interest from Samsung. I would get this if it was a private forum. But they have set this up and totally ignore customers that have paid a premium for a product from them that does not deliver.  Seems like they are resting on laurels and once Sony, LG,  htc give other options they will lose repeat buyers. Let's face it just a nice picture frame like edge to a flat screen TV with a light sensor (that in the 2020 versions is pretty temperamental).

alexjlouie
Apprentice
Options

I was about to purchase a Frame TV given the recent Black Friday sales but this post and lack of response from Samsung has me worried. It's alot of $$ to put down on a product that Samsung doesn't care enough about to read and/or respond to forum posts.