Did you mean: 

Frame TV doesn't shut off

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 09:37 PM)
CarloUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have the 55" 2018 Frame TV

I want it to turn off if tere is no motion after 15 minutes. I cant make it do this.

I have it set up to turn of if the room is dark which works fine but when its in Frame mode it never turns off during the day. I tried the motion detection on all 3 levels but still no good.

Should it work ? Any tips on making it work

Thanks CARLO

53 REPLIES 53
SSjay
Apprentice
Options

I concur about NOT setting the backlight too high.

I've tested with it top half of the settings (> 50%), it detects the light from the reflection off the walls and doesn't turn off. I leave it at middle or below setting.

0 Likes
Davedim
First Poster
Options

Turn TV off, frame picture turns on, then press and hold power button on the remote and the frame picture will turn off..

0 Likes
CasperBonde
First Poster
Options

After more than a year this is still a problem.

My TV is placed in a way where it rearly makes sense to use art-mode, hence I have set the timeout to minimum, but it never turns off neither Day or night. 

For me Ideally the TV should just power off when pressing the power button, but there is no setting to have it do that. The long Press on power button will turn it off, but every one forgets to do that. 

I measure the power consumption, and in Denmark this art-mode costs $200 a year!

As people often forgets to turn off the tv, disabling eco mode is not an option for me. 

Samsung please fix this!

And please also make it possible to revers the function of the power button:

shorts Press = power off

Long Press = art-mode

Samer2021
First Poster
Options

I would love this option too. I actually regret buying The Frame - never expected that I could not turn the art function off or actually get the TV to turn off normally.

Plus I can't turn the TV off from my other remote so always have to use the Samsung remote.

Not happy with this TV.

0 Likes
Jack Rolley
Student
Options

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the same problem in 2021 with my brand-new TV. It doesn’t seem to do any of the functions such as turn off or on, or display out mode correctly as it was advertised to. It’s been three years and I wonder if this problem has been addressed as I cannot find an answer on the Internet.

0 Likes
Jack Rolley
Student
Options

Pretty unbelievable that they could let this problem go on for three years and continue to sell the product while advertising these features.

KatieP
First Poster
Options

It was incredibly frustrating for me but eventually Samsung replaced my tv since it was still under warranty. They contacted the place I purchased and arranged a delivery and haul away. I’ve had no trouble with my replacement tv. Sorry I can’t be more help. 

0 Likes
AndrewJE
Journeyman
Options

Try the settings from my post earlier in this thread - dated ‎08-04-2020 06:05 PM

Make sure ambient back-light is not too high and that the brightness in Art Mode is also not too high. Also make sure that auto power off is not switched on. 

0 Likes
JJHL
First Poster
Options
I've found that if i long press the power button on the remote it turns off the screen as a whole... a short press initiates the art display!
0 Likes
SamNotSure
Student
Options

My Frame 2022 Sleep Mode worked for a few weeks and now no longer sleeps, the tv just stays on all the time, very frustrating.  Apparently, Samsung does not monitor this community as one would hope they would leave some information on this. I hope this gets resolved.