Did you mean: 

Frame TV doesn't shut off

(Topic created on: 30-11-2019 05:34 PM)
CarloUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have the 55" 2018 Frame TV

I want it to turn off if tere is no motion after 15 minutes. I cant make it do this.

I have it set up to turn of if the room is dark which works fine but when its in Frame mode it never turns off during the day. I tried the motion detection on all 3 levels but still no good.

Should it work ? Any tips on making it work

Thanks CARLO

53 REPLIES 53
KatieP
First Poster
Options

My issue is that my tv turns off when there's lack of motion but then is black and won't turn on AT ALL. Sometimes for days at a time. Is there a setting to disable to motion detector and auto off and I can go back to the old fashioned way and always use the remote?

0 Likes
Kukubabka
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG!

Can you respond???

Adrian-J
Explorer
Options

Hiya 

sooru only just been able able to recover-access the forum

i had constant issues with the motion sensor function , I returned the tv ( frame tv) & swapped for the Q9 2018 -too of the range , this one also had a sensor issue !

repair man came commissioned by Samsung and confirmed error/fault 

it seemed Samsung didn’t feel confident to repair so I asked for a replacement ( semi-thinking replacement would be same)

they replaced it with a 2019 Q9 which I was quite happy about 

the 2019 model has these features removed & I think because the sensors had design errors

maybe they work in optimum perfect conditions , best keep those features switched off or maybe one can I  integrate  With a smart things hub & external sensor ?

anyway they are brill tv’s & that’s the only glitch I could find

ps I’ve also learnt that pretty much factory settings are the best fir picture once one gets use to it

good luck  

0 Likes
KatieP
First Poster
Options

Wanted to update you all on my situation. After weeks of back and forth Samsung replaced my  tv since they couldn't find a repair man locally. My tv didn't turn on for 4 weeks. I've had my new tv about a week and haven't had any issues (yet). 

0 Likes
PS1150
First Poster
Options

I have a 2018 Frame TV 65 inch.

I have the latest rev of the firmware

my issue was that the night mode never turned off the screen.

I fixed it though...

the issue for me was that the screen itself was illuminating the room so much that the sensor thought there was more than 1.8 mil of light.

I put black electrical tape over the sensor and it turned off in exactly 60 seconds.

so I put a piece of selophane tape instead over the sensor.  that did not work.  so I put two.  that worked!

the motion sensor works to turn it back on if I turn the lights back on and the selophane makes the room dark enough (to the sensor) to make the screen turn off in 60 seconds.

it turns off after 15 minutes (per my setting) during the day

crude fix, but it worked.

good luck.

0 Likes
acha114
First Poster
Options
Are you able to explain this point further? I have the customisable frame and am not sure whether the bottom frame is properly assembled onto the TV. Perhaps this might be my issue where the TV does not switch off after 15 minutes of no motion.....
0 Likes
PS1150
First Poster
Options

my issue was that it was not turning off for NIGHT MODE.  the lack of motion during the day reliabily turned off the screen for me - I never had that issue.   you might try setting it to 30 minutes and then back to 15 to see if it is just not registerine.

0 Likes
StephenD1
First Poster
Options
My 55” turned on and off fine until we bought the frame
Installed as best I can but seems to be interfering with the sensor although the frame is clear of the obvious sensor components
0 Likes
swotai
First Poster
Options
Same here, Night mode works for me tho it appears.

What i noticed is that it worked the first time after i change the setting and test. And then somehow it comes on again and stays on and never go off...
0 Likes
AndrewJE
Journeyman
Options

2020_04_08 16_49 Office Lens.jpg

These are my settings. I have no additional frame around the TV. Everything works fine and I have not had any problems. The main one for me was not setting the minimum backlight too high. Too high and the screen never turns off. Also make sure that Auto Power off is disabled - As soon as this is on, your TV will turn off after 2 hrs and never wake up again until the remote is used. Energy saving mode does a similar thing. Hope this helps someone. 

Before putting any frames on, try without one on. 

0 Likes