Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame TV 32" 2020 - Art mode no mount

(Topic created on: 15-11-2022 03:45 PM)
Barleydave
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased this TV and trying to load my own art but I do not want a border / mount (I want the image to fill the screen edge to edge).  I can find no way of switch off the mount.  I can select Modern or Shadow, but there is no option for None.

Having read various threads on here and blogs, I have tried various image sizes (1920x1080 72dpi), (3840x2160 72dpi) and (7200x4050 300 dpi). None of them offer me a No mount option.

This must be possible!!  Other threads with other models / years appear to have achieved it, but it's not happening for me.

6 REPLIES 6
Csky
Explorer
Options

Do this:

Don't choose the passeportout in the app.

Just upload the image as is (indicated size) then there will be no passepartout. Choose passepartout and color of it in the TV if you would want that later on. Then save (middle button).

Good luck. Let me know. //CSky

0 Likes
HalC
First Poster
Options

Hi Dave - i have the same problem, except sometimes the ‘no mount’ option is available and sometimes it isn’t. Frustrating. Did anyone else find out why?

0 Likes
Csky
Explorer
Options

As I said earlier:

Don't choose the passeportout in the app.

Just upload the image as is (indicated size) then there will be no passepartout. Choose passepartout and color of it in the TV if you would want that later on. Then save (middle button).

0 Likes
Klinghust
First Poster
Options

In case someone is still struggling to get the pictures to be full screen (no borders/frame). Upload the picture as per @Cskys description. Make sure the picture is in 16:9 format before you upload. 

To crop pictures:

Google Photos app > Edit > Crop > Frame icon > 16:9 > Adjust the crop > Save

Edit: the resolution needs to be exactly 16:9. I've found even the crop option fails at times. 16 divided by 9 makes 1.7. Make sure the resolution equals the same (i.e. 1920/1080=1.7 vs 1921/1080 does not equal 1.7 but rather 1.778...). Hope that makes sense and is helpful 🙂

0 Likes
Hayley7722
First Poster
Options

I’m still having a mount appear even when I don’t select it. Images upload ed are all 16:9. ANy ideas?

PixelFNQ
First Poster
Options

You may have figured it out by now, but if not, here's my idea.

The software is finicky. I thought I'd sized images correctly, but the ratio of 16:9 is 1.7777777 (repeating). If I had an image that was 1.7775, it wouldn't work. My suspicion is that Lightroom rounds down a bit and Samsung doesn't like that. So, I'd go into a free Windows program caled Irfanview and "change canvas size" explicitly, which would leave a tiny little border on one side, but if I chose the right colour, it wasn't noticeable. Even then, if the image was too small (and I'm not sure what size was considered too small, but generally full frame images even when they were cropped in a little worked fine. 

So, basically, keep fiddling with the canvas size and make sure the overall size is big enough and you can get it to work. 

0 Likes