Journeyman
Options

It appears to be impossible to do the following 

- enter art mode by tapping power quickly

- using the home menu

- using smart things 

all of these cause the TV to shut down

also connecting over Bluetooth does the same 

and - it’s not possible to preview or use a picture for art mode in smart things 

the smart things app can work as a remote and can control the tv

is this a known issue , or does it need returning ?

Go to solution
92 REPLIES 92
FrameOwner
First Poster
Options

Can we flag this as not solved?

I've been sent firmware update 1318 on a USB stick, which has been installed and checked by the remote support team - and it still doesn't work.

Currys are fobbing me off saying Samsung need to repair the device. Samsung are getting Martin Dawes out to look at the TV.

What a £1700 load of rubbish.

Poor show Samsung / Currys.

0 Likes
petermaude
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I would pressure Curry's as the retailer (I did have to get quite firm with them), as long as a lot of time has not passed.  Then they are responsible.  If some time has passed, I would suggest using the date you raised it with them, not todays date

I will try and flag this as not solved

0 Likes
FrameOwner
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately time has passed as I've been renovating a house. So the set was bought in July, but opened in November.

My frustration is this is a known issue, yet there is no solution. Why should I have to have my TV set "repaired" when it's clearly been broken from day one.

0 Likes
petermaude
Journeyman
Options

That delay is going to be the problem.    If you could afford it this is what I would do

Buy a new one from Currys,  test it immediately,  if it works, swap the TV, take it back and ask for a refund as it does not work, do it on the same day.

You should not have to go to that crazyness.  If the receipts do not record the serial number, they will not be able to reconcile what TV goes with what order.

0 Likes
FrameOwner
First Poster
Options

Nice idea, I'll probably wait it out - but I'll be really annoyed if the TV needs opening up to replace anything.

0 Likes
Jm26
First Poster
Options

Hi. My art work seems to ho off about 5 minutes after I set it. This just started happening.  Model un43Lso03naFxza

0 Likes
Nibor
First Poster
Options

Just bought a 43 inch frame TV. I have the same problem where my TV won't turn off in the art mode and Motion detector does not work. I have had my software updated, I have unplugged the TV for 30 seconds, I Have spent too much time on the telephone being Transferred to reps in different countries without resolution. They say I can can call an authorized Service person but will have to pay for it on my own if there's no defect in the TV.

0 Likes
Wvwijn
First Poster
Options

@DannyT wrote:

Hello everyone! 

So we have had work back now, and (more importantly) a solution! 

Could those of you with the 2019 Frame TVs send a PM through to me? Please include the model code of your Frame in this message. This is so we can get a USB sent out with the relevant update.  

Looking forward to your messages! 

Hi,

I have this problem aswell.

modelcode Qe65lso3rasxxn

serial nr 0CJD3SDM700097D

hope to hear from you,

regards,

Willem

0 Likes
Cellis54
First Poster
Options

I have a two month old 65-inch frame TV. It does not adjust brightness to match ambient light levels and it stays in art mode for about 2 minutes and then shuts itself off. I have already tried adjusting settings but it does nothing. HELP!!! I am about to return it.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hey Willem.

This issue was only present in a small batch of 55" TVs. Could you describe your issue in a bit more detail? It could be a little different from the issue others are having.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes