Journeyman
Options

It appears to be impossible to do the following 

- enter art mode by tapping power quickly

- using the home menu

- using smart things 

all of these cause the TV to shut down

also connecting over Bluetooth does the same 

and - it’s not possible to preview or use a picture for art mode in smart things 

the smart things app can work as a remote and can control the tv

is this a known issue , or does it need returning ?

92 REPLIES 92
Angel560
Explorer
Options

You can do the updates yourself,but not on your tv,you have to get the link,go to updates on your computer,or laptop,down load the updates to a memory stick,and then go to the back of your tv,place it in the sun  port and wait till it recognises the dongle and then download to your tv,no need to purchase updates,you can do it yourself ,I did this with instructions from Samsung technician works fine,Every time there's a update just check your settings,it will tell you best of luck it works did for me

0 Likes
Dirk61
First Poster
Options

I purchased the frame 43" in Jan 2020 from Richer sounds.

Model No QE43LS03RAUXXU

Serial No 0CJ03SCMC00672H

Very disappointed after reading the Samsung forum that the issues highlighted haven't been resolved with an update, like other people wish I would have read the reviews first. These Tv's are not cheap and it is poor from Samsung.

I cannot pair my Samsung A3 with my Frame TV without it going into art mode, no motion detection and issues trying to pair my Samsung TAB 2.

Can I get a full refund on my purchase as it doesn't do what it said on the tin ?

0 Likes
Gethin1
First Poster
Options

Hi DannyT,

I've a 55'' Frame 2019 with the same issue. But when I first got the TV I don't think this issue was here. I've just noticed the TV switching off to black despite turning the sleep to 30mins and the motion sensor for reactivation to high. 

Model QE55LS03RAUXXC Version 01 / LS03R

0 Likes
Carz
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me with my 2019 Frame purchased two months ago. It worked up until yesterday. 

0 Likes
ShadowTD
Journeyman
Options

I'm having a similar problem - 65", bought back in January but only installed in March.  You can turn the tv in to Art mode with no issues, but after an indeterminate period of time, the screen will go black and will not go back to Art mode no matter how much I jump around in front of the set or OneConnect box.  Press the power button to wake it up and press again back to Art mode is fine, just this issue.  I can't say when it started - potentially about a week or so ago.  Maybe a BST issue?

0 Likes
Brett504
First Poster
Options

Hello, I'm having the exact same issue as the original post with a 2019 43 inch frame. QE43LS03RAU. Really disappointed as we received the TV only Tuesday and it's been doing this since installation. 

@DannyT wrote:

Hello everyone! 

So we have had work back now, and (more importantly) a solution! 

Could those of you with the 2019 Frame TVs send a PM through to me? Please include the model code of your Frame in this message. This is so we can get a USB sent out with the relevant update.  

Looking forward to your messages! 

0 Likes
TDM2
First Poster
Options
Hello I just received my 2019 65" Frame TV. the art mode will remain on for approximately 1 minute then the TV turns off. everything else with the tv works flawlessly. can you help and what do i need to provide? thank you. TM...
0 Likes
Angel560
Explorer
Options

check to see if your timer is set to on in your settings if its on turn it off,

0 Likes
JonathanTique
First Poster
Options

I just purchased a 43" 2019 and I'm having this issue as well. 
min able to place it in art mode but stays on art mode for a few seconds less than a min and shuts off.

ive tried making all the settings change to avoid power shut off and it continues to have the issue

please let me know the solution to this issue

0 Likes
TJP01
First Poster
Options

Hi - I am having this problem with a new 65” Frame. Could you please resolve? 

0 Likes