Journeyman
Options

It appears to be impossible to do the following 

- enter art mode by tapping power quickly

- using the home menu

- using smart things 

all of these cause the TV to shut down

also connecting over Bluetooth does the same 

and - it’s not possible to preview or use a picture for art mode in smart things 

the smart things app can work as a remote and can control the tv

is this a known issue , or does it need returning ?

92 REPLIES 92
CaseyV
Student
Options

Ok thanks. Tried with 2 iPhones. The initial suspicion was iPhone , but if you’ve tried An S10 it’s not that then!

ive tried everything. 

0 Likes
petermaude
Journeyman
Options

I feel your pain Casey !    I could kind of see, where we were going with Samsung, which was stuck in some sort of process loop, where there was no exit from the flow chart !!     I am using an iPhone11 XS Max.   The weird thing, is that the app sort of works, when it is a remote control, over wifi I assume.  TV replacement is now happening on Saturday.  Will keep the thread updated. 

0 Likes
KWB73
Apprentice
Options
Suffering the same problem... waiting for Samsung to reply
0 Likes
CaseyV
Student
Options

Hi, sorry to hear you are too - when did you buy yours and what phone do you use for smart things? 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi all,

We've escalated this one to our AV experts, so they can investigate these issues. As soon as we get anything back, either myself, or one of the other moderators will keep you updated. 

Art Mode is one of the main reasons to get the Frame so we want to get this sorted for you ASAP! 

Welcome to the Community!

CaseyV
Student
Options

Any assistance appreciated Danny T please. 

I asked Samsung to find this thread to notice an issue to ask questions to help find a common fault or faulty batch. 

I was expecting  a call on Monday with suggestions/ solutions. Not even a call to apologise for not having a fix yet.

Here’s a heads up for you - 

My smart things thinks my tv and phone aren’t linked to the same network. 

In Smart things, in art mode page, I select ‘membership logon’, it thinks I need to complete art store registration on the tv.

The tv wouldn’t allow me to access anything to do with Art mode. There is no alternative page. 

I have managed to link a speaker to the  tv using WiFi.

i can control the tv remote with smart things. So it’s not the connection. 

Tap power for art mode - tv off, red light under. Same result for power off.

during reset it asks you to test the volume and Channel on the remote. It asks you then to test the art mode - a tick appears on screen to suggest it’s working. 

In smart things, i have not been able to set or save any photo. 2 different error messages. 

Thanks

0 Likes
petermaude
Journeyman
Options

just to confirm,  this is not limited to just smarthings problems with you Casey ?  

Out for the box, you hit art mode, it turns off, right ?

I don't want them to have an exit to blame apple, which seems quite common, as on support I got a lot of frustrating questiosn around, what phone do you have.

Whilst the smart things app is anythign but smart!  I don't  think its the cause of this issue, is it ?

0 Likes
KWB73
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Danny T - you also need to sort your customer services team out at the same time... they just say its an iOS problem!
0 Likes
KWB73
Apprentice
Options
absolutely - mine was exactly the same out of the box, hit art mode and it switches off. According to the manual you are meant to be able to access art mode settings directly from the TV but there are no seating options by the art mode icon on the screen.

We need Danny T and samsung to sort the fix asap.
0 Likes
KWB73
Apprentice
Options
purchased direct from samsung on 25th July... trying to use iPhone 10smax and iPad
0 Likes