Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame TV (2018) - Is it possible to hook up a SNES (Super Nintendo)?

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 01:44 PM)
909al
Apprentice
Options

Good afternoon, 

Ive been meaning to get around to this for ages - im wondering if it is possible to hook up my old Super Nintendo to my Frame (2018) TV?

Ive had a few attempts at doing this - pluging the console in via the aeriel socket and then doing an auto tune on the TV but ive never had any sucess.

Ive had a look around on You Tube a few times and in the previous discussions on this forum today and cant find anything to assist.  

Thanks you in advance for any assistance. 

Alex

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
909al
Apprentice
Options

Awesome stuff mate - thank you very much - I'd had a look at these previously but didn't think there was a cable conversion compatible with the SNES - I've just had another search and then a look on the back of the console and noticed there has always been a compartment with a cover over it - when you pull this off it has the connection for RCA - which as you've rightfully said is cheap enough on Amazon to convert to HDMI. Much appreciated- thanks 🙏 

BE13C37E-B869-4178-9C36-21927D3F36F9.jpeg

AD5B43F1-27C3-4331-9CF3-5E479FCDA417.jpeg

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

Personally I would use a converter to pass the signal through to HDMI. Can't remember if it was  Scart or RCA which plugged into the tv from a SNES but you can find these converters on Amazon. Just search RCA or Scart to HDMI depending on the cable from the SNES. If it doesn't work send it back, you've lost nothing!

0 Likes
Solution
909al
Apprentice
Options

Awesome stuff mate - thank you very much - I'd had a look at these previously but didn't think there was a cable conversion compatible with the SNES - I've just had another search and then a look on the back of the console and noticed there has always been a compartment with a cover over it - when you pull this off it has the connection for RCA - which as you've rightfully said is cheap enough on Amazon to convert to HDMI. Much appreciated- thanks 🙏 

BE13C37E-B869-4178-9C36-21927D3F36F9.jpeg

AD5B43F1-27C3-4331-9CF3-5E479FCDA417.jpeg

0 Likes
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

Hope it all works out for you. The first game I would play would be Super Tennis, loved that!

0 Likes
909al
Apprentice
Options

Hi 👋 

just to confirm - the cables arrived in the post and everything is working! 

huge thanks once again for the assistance! 

0 Likes
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

Nice one, glad you got there in the end!

0 Likes