Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame slideshow not working

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 01:49 AM)
BuilderCarl
Journeyman
Options

New problem.  Slideshow has been working fine.  I just added another half dozen images and it is stuck on the first image. Never progresses.  I’ve tried power cycling, changing it using mobile app, nothing I try gets it back to ever changing pictures.  Ideas anyone???

15 REPLIES 15
Eumeleins
Pioneer
Options

The same here (43" 2020) and we are not the only users with this problem. It's one of the several Samsung firmware problems. Maybe Samsung will fix this some day. In Germany we say 'the hope dies at last'.

I have not much hope 😕

Walter41
First Poster
Options

Same with my 65 Frame. Added some pictures and slideshow is stuck on the first picture. Latest firmware update installed. It was one of the features I was buying the Frame for.

Eumeleins
Pioneer
Options

I've lost my hope. So I made a workaround to get a working slideshow. I use a MI Box with the PhotoGuru app to send slides via HDMI to the frame. A small Arduino controller with a PIR sensor switches the frame on and off using IR remote commands.

Has some advantages over the Samsung Artmode: free slide changing times - thousends of photos easily setup and a well designed slideshow software.

But nevertheless I would prefer a working solution by Samsung.

The photo shows the IR controller.Frame.jpg

BuilderCarl
Journeyman
Options

I tried deleting all but 5 of my pics, still not advancing in slideshow mode.  Next will try deleting them all.  And if no luck there, maybe factory reset of TV.  But then the pain of setting up all my apps again.  Ugh....   Samsung, what is going on???

0 Likes
Eumeleins
Pioneer
Options

Good luck. I've tried with factory reset - lost all my photos and frame settings. But the slideshow still does not work.

0 Likes
BuilderCarl
Journeyman
Options

This is SO frustrating. Between this and the ridiculous sound dropping with Sonos Arc, I am very much regretting the investment. 

Irma1
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest update of Art app the slideshow stops working mostly after it showed a few pictures. Does anyone know a fix.

Taru13
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

0 Likes
MattyHi
Apprentice
Options

Please may I ask does the IR sensor work off a battery or does it need a plugged in power supply unit.  

Also would you mind to outline how the IR controller is configured to ‘talk to’ the TV for ON/OFF? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes