Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Frame 55 2022 - chirping/bleeping noise

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 01:05 PM)
Andrew Dean
Explorer
Options

Hello

I am hearing a chirping/beeping noise from bottom right hand side of TV. It’s quiet and intermittent but very annoying. 

The Samsung technical team have been informed and they’re monitoring the situation. 

But I wanted to see if others have experienced the issue and have managed to sort it. 

Go to solution
88 REPLIES 88
Atticus063
Apprentice
Options

Early indication is this might the solution. Had the chirping on and off before, changed this privacy setting and now nothing. Will continue to test today. 

0 Likes
Honeymonster
Journeyman
Options

Really hope so! If so, the fact they know this and they have been so appalling letting their customers know (even replacing parts and completing returns) says a lot about how terrible Samsung aftersales is.

Glad to hear its working for you!

0 Likes
hearnshaw86
Student
Options

This sounds really promising! Thank you! Can’t wait to draw a line under this issue - it’s really taken the shine off treating myself to an expensive telly for the World Cup!

0 Likes
Keleesusan
Apprentice
Options

Trying this now! Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
Pchap19
First Poster
Options

This immediately stopped the chirping for me. Haven’t tested extensively yet but so far so good!

0 Likes
hearnshaw86
Student
Options

Just switched setting off and no chirping just yet! 🤞

0 Likes
Keleesusan
Apprentice
Options

Worked for me so far!!! 

0 Likes
Solution
jessicasutton
First Poster
Options

Not sure if someone else has posted this but I have had a successful fix for this. I had tried everything including plugging tv straight into the wall, disconnecting sound bar etc.

I contacted Samsung customer service and this is what they asked me to do:

"I understand. I'm really sorry for this inconvenience Jessica. We did receive reports of the same issue you are having with the TV. For us to resolve this, we will need to decline permission for the User Positioning Privacy Notice. I will guide you on how to do that.

To be able to decline the permission, you need to go to Settings, then follow the below steps:
1. Select General & Privacy
2. Select Terms & Conditions
3. Privacy Choices
4. Select Terms and Conditions
5. Locate the User Positioning Privacy Notice
6. Deselect the user Positioning Privacy Notice then click OK"

It's been some time now and I haven't heard any noises since.
drecksding
First Poster
Options

Worked and solved, thank you! 

Kevorulez
Student
Options

Thank you so much! I was going crazy over this!

0 Likes