Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foul smell from our new Samsung tv

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 06:52 AM)
Eamkersh220958
Apprentice
Options

Hi . We are experiencing a vile smell coming from my Samsung tv which is only 9 months old . Any advice ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would stop using it immediately and contact people you brought it from. If from Samsung contact Support via Members app
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Second post! Its becoming an issue. Please stop using it because chances are it could cause fire if the smell is coming from components.
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

You should immediately stop using the TV and unplug it from the wall socket and then contact the Samsung TV support team for help.

SereneH
Options

Hi, @Eamkersh220958! What type of smell is it? Please drop Sam_UK a PM, so we can look into this for you. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Eamkersh220958
Apprentice
Options

Hi Serene. It's like a smell you get from melting / burning plastic but no visible signs, just this really sickening smell. The tv is now unplugged as per Samsung's advise and they are organising an engineer to visit us and sort it out. 

0 Likes
Eamkersh220958
Apprentice
Options

Sam_UK a PM ???

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

We're glad to hear our colleagues are getting this sorted for you. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Vince Vonier
First Poster
Options

Hey atleast you have had yours for a bit. I bought mine about four days ago and ever since taking it out of the box it’s got an aweful smell *****

0 Likes
Eamkersh220958
Apprentice
Options

Well not very happy. Our 75 inch TV, model QE75QN800ATXXU has the same foul burning smell as happed in January this year. Samsung are on it for me but I'm really not very impressed as cost over £3000 from John Lewis in April 2022 and this seems to be the exact same problem as before. Apparently a new screen was fitted last time in January but almost 5 months later and we are without our TV yet again, last time they had our TV for over 1 month before returning it. I have asked for a new TV and will await the outcome. Doesn't give me any confidence to go back and purchase the 85 inch Samsung Frame for my new extension 😞

0 Likes