Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering TV screen UE55KU6670 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 55" Curved TV

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 06:54 PM)
MaryHan
Apprentice
Options

Over the last few months, if my tv has been on for quite a while (over 2 hours) the screen starts to flicker and then sort of jumps and loses colour. I have attached a video. Once it starts the only way to stop it is to power off the tv for a while. I’ve tried resetting it, leaving power cable unplugged overnight, and discharging using the remote. But it seems to be happening more regularly. Has anyone experienced similar? Is it something that can be reasonably fixed or is it a new tv? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @ MaryHan!

Let's get this sorted for you! Could you check the current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. The latest software version should be 1260.1.

0 Likes
MaryHan
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris! 
Yes the software is up to date. I’ve reset the tv to factory settings. It’s not on eco mode. I’ve left it completely unplugged several times including removing power cable at both ends for several hours as well as holding the power button on the remote. 
It happens every day now when the tv has been on for a couple of hours 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you been in touch with our Support Team, to see what they may be able to suggest? They'd able to make a remote management connection directly to your TV, to enable them to take over your TV's settings. You can call them on 0333 000 0333, Mon-Fri | 8am to 8pm or Sat-Sun | 9am to 6pm.

0 Likes
MaryHan
Apprentice
Options

I did contact support who suggested an In home visit from an engineer which I have logged but not heard back yet. And I don’t know if there’s a charge for this

can you see the video I put up which shows the problem. I don’t think it can be software related as it is not across the full screen and only happens after a while of being on

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @ MaryHan. I see what you mean. Our TV & AV Team will keep you updated about the next steps. Whether or not the inspection and repair is likely to be chargeable will depend on whether your TV is in-warranty, so I recommend liaising with our colleagues for more insight into this.

0 Likes