Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering Dimming Strip on Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 11:06 PM)
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

Bought a new Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA and it arrived with a vertical flickering dim strip close to the center. Anybody have an idea what would be causing this? I have disables eco features and auto dimming and other picture settings. The longer the TV stays on the worst it gets.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @skurbina! This video doesn't seem to be available. Could you take another one or a picture with the vertical strip? Also, restart the TV: Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on.

0 Likes
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

SamsungTvIssue.jpg

0 Likes
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

Please see picture posted. That dim strip flickers from dim to normal brightness.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options
Thanks for this, @skurbina. Can you please confirm where you purchased the TV from? Also , where are you based?
0 Likes
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

Purchased from Amazon in Sep 2019. Located in Belize City, Belize. Flickering starts about 5 mins after tv is turned on(sometimes alittle longer) and gradually gets worse as time passes then is stops and starts again after sometime and gradually gets worese. This cycle repeats.

0 Likes
RPDTyrant
First Poster
Options

mine is doing the same thing and I just got the tv.  Very annoyed 😞 

0 Likes
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I’m still waiting for a reply to resolve this issue with my Samsung TV.

0 Likes
CloudMarc
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem with exactly the same TV - 

Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model)

Is this a known product defect?

0 Likes
skurbina
Apprentice
Options

It seems to be. I have encountered others and the only way that it was resolved was to replace the entire LCD panel. I have yet to receive any assistance from Samsung to resolve this. Samsung has the worst support for their products.

0 Likes