Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashes of light intermittently on Oled 65” Quantum Dot

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 10:38 PM)
Ach93
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, 

We have purchased a Samsung 65” Quantum Dot TV from Curry’s 2 months ago and within that time we have had to have it sent off for repair and had a replacement. The issue has been intermittent single flashes of light vertically across the screen, sometimes across the whole screen, someone’s half the screen. The colours are either white, blue or purple. I find it weird that we are on the third screen and this is still happening. 

to confirm, it happens on the internal apps like Netflix (we don’t have it connected up to anything to watch tv). We do have it plugged into an extension lead, which I thought it could be so changed that and it’s still happening. Does anyone know why this could be happening or is it simply just really bad luck?  

I recorded the tv and captured it, and took a screen shot. It literally flashes intermittently.

Thanks

IMG_1692.png

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
That line of horizontal colour is not right, and should be sent off for repair again. Even ask for your money back maybe? If you bought it with a credit card. I think you have some kind of protection insurance on credit card purchases.
I purchased my 55" 4k Samsung TV from Currys a couple of years back and I've no complaints and it's still going strong.
Do you think it might of been damaged somehow in transit? I take it, they delivered it for you.
Ach93
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for the response! We were thinking of asking for our money back because it’s the third one. Just didn’t know if it could be something that we could do. Definitely wasn’t damaged in transit, we collected the first one and this one and the one in between was delivered so would have been real bad luck if it was, on all three occasions.

shame because it’s such a fab tv and has great reviews. 

Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried looking for a software update in the TV's settings? It's a possibility it might help if there was one available.
To me though, it just looks like you've had some bad luck with a batch of faulty units.
0 Likes
Ach93
Journeyman
Options

Yep, tried that, factory resets etc… fine for a while then starts again

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Does it only happen when the videos are hdr
G G
0 Likes
Ach93
Journeyman
Options

No, it happens on all but it only happens intermittently. 

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Seeing as it's an intermittent problem. Have you any cables for peripherals connected at the back. Maybe a poor quality cable is causing an interference issue??
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Then its bigtasty all the way
G G
0 Likes
Ach93
Journeyman
Options

Could a cable which is plugged in that isn’t being used cause this? I.e when the Xbox is connected but turned off and the flashing lights happen on the internal tv app like Netflix?

0 Likes