Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagship Samsung 2021 TV - vertical banding

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 06:39 PM)
Rich H
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, bought the QN800A TV and have issues with vertical banding when watching UHD football, PS5 and Xbox series X, especially noticeable when images are fast moving.

also visible when using Amazon prime so not just on the HDMI connection.

I have troubleshooted with Samsung technical support twice (TV is 4 months old). They have been terrible in customer service and fobbed me off that it is working to spec.

how can their flagship £3500 TV be working to spec when vertical banding is visible ?? What an absolute joke and disgrace. My previous Samsung had none of these issues by the way.

I have genuine HDMI 2.1 cables, have replaced and retried multiple times and issues still exist.

not even sure what to do with this now after technical support have said nothing further for them to do with it.

I have multiple pictures and videos to prove the issue as well

097884D1-C688-4DB3-B127-A0842253D65B.jpeg

C6F18456-6055-4A74-BB93-CA6DA73A68EC.jpeg

ABABF585-1F86-451B-8A40-A1AFF90D6CE9.jpeg

E23B0D6B-3A57-4CF4-A5FC-390ED04E1C16.jpeg

EEDE2FB9-BD56-4100-A54F-F3A2420D2966.jpeg

34041CE8-B42E-429E-A27C-E93427D6A86D.jpeg

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

There is a problem with the picture on my TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/#lines-dots-or-spots-of-any-color-app...
Rich H
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I appreciate the reply but I have been through Samsung technical support and spent hours on the phone with them as well. Run multiple picture tests, have done multiple factory resets, and even one from the hidden menu that the Samsung tech department accessed.

still no change to the condition of the panel issues

0 Likes
Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Technical support the same. How was your problem solved?

0 Likes
Rich H
Journeyman
Options

They fobbed me off and said it’s working to standard which is pathetic as it’s clearly not; I haven’t got any resolution and have written to them again but no response. If you have any success it would be good to share if you don’t mind 👍

0 Likes
Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

after sending the first picture they want more so i'm just doing. I feel like a long war awaits me. But I will not forgive. This TV cost 3000 paunds. And that's only the biggest problem. There are also others:
HDMI CEC lives its life
if the TV is connected via the optical cable to the receiver, it does not disconnect the TV sound,
TV speakers make a strange, unpleasant sound with some sources etc ...

0 Likes
Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

The first 2 photos are of Granturismo in game mode. There it is always visible. 3 is Amazon Video to exclude hdmi or device.20220202_191159.jpg20220202_191205.jpg20220202_191906.jpg

Rich H
Journeyman
Options

Have you had any joy resolving or with Samsung ?

Its a joke that their screens are like this and they say it’s working to spec. Literally never buying a Samsung tv again and I have 6 in the house already !

0 Likes
Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

unfortunately. They said everything was fine, they said they had LEDs like that. After seven months, I want to buy a second TV. The other TVs in my house are also LED and have no vertical stripes. The last samsung product in my house. And I was supposed to buy Sony ......

0 Likes
Rich H
Journeyman
Options

It’s disgusting isn’t it - I plugged in my two year old Samsung qled and absolutely no problems at all with banding, reconnect up my Qn800a and bang, vertical banding on everything again.

if this is working to spec then the quality is outrageous bad, and nowhere near worthy of £3k. I want to send mine back and get a refund but it’s now 8 months old.

0 Likes