Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade 1351.3 messed up Netflix and HDMI/ARC connection

(Topic created on: 25-02-2020 06:18 PM)
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

I have spoken several times with tech support, I even had a tech leave my house a couple minutes ago, and the issue is still present, my current setup:

TV  Q70R 

Pioneer Elite VSX-43

they are connected via HDMI/ARC 

PS4 connected to Pioneer

Until software update everything worked fine, after software:

Nextflix: produces static noise via the Pioneer Elite, and it's stuck in Dolby +, cannot change it

app will work normally when receiver not used (and this is because HMDI/ARC is not being used)

PS4: I get a HDMI source not connected (because it's using HDMI/ARC)

Yes, I know the work arounds, but that's not the point, everyone at Samsung seems to believe that it's just easier to blame Netflix or in my case the receiver, yes the fix is simple downgrade firmware but that's impossible according to Samsung, or their fix is not to use HDMI/ARC, but it's definately not a problem with the firmware, really ?? And to top it off it seems that no Samsung rep even takes the time to check in here, they would have figured out yes, firmware updated messed things up, just take responsibility and fix it.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

Email from Samsung: "Dear Fausto, This is regarding your recent contact with Samsung Live Chat Support. We understand you are facing HDMI-ARC connection issues after performing a software update on your TV. We would like to assure you that we do not have any such reported issues for the model of Samsung TV you are referring. As you have mentioned that reset already performed on TV and still you have connection issues, we recommend you wait for next firmware update or get the TV diagnosed by an authorized service centre. You may copy the below given link and paste in a new browser window to open a service request page. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ You may contact Samsung Support for any further assistance if case you are not able to file a service request. Thank you. Samsung Online Support"

0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options
See the firmware update thread above. That is a lie from Samsung. I was onto them for hours last week, so they do know about it. I have also been onto Netflix, who have not updated since mid January, so this is absolutely ok Samsung.

Most people are buying optical cables. No one expects a fix soon.

Samsung don’t care.
0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

Trust me, if would have know what kind of customer service I was going to be receiving I would have gladly paid double and stuck with a new Bravia.....

0 Likes
bolix1
Explorer
Options

they dont care for  customers in Europe. also. btw samsung is my last samsung devices . tv pictures is ... A+ but that is not enough anymore.. today tv's is not just a pic. 

0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

So after hours on the phone, several online chats, and emails, a visit from a Samsung Tech, I was left with ARC not working, and Nextflix no sound via my receiver and my Samsung remote wiould not control the volume on the receiver (because i had done the workaorund with opcital audio). Well last night I spent another 60 minutes on the phone with a tech, from the getgo she sounded a lot more knowledgeable than every other tech I had spoken with, she did the remote thing, changed settings here and there, reset the smart hub, and just like that, now my arc works, I can use my PS4 connected to my receiver  and from there to the tv via ARC, have video/audio, my controller works with my receiver again, but...... Netflix sound will not work via my receiver speakers, but if I use the app on the PS4 no problem whatsoever, so it's def not the receiver, if I use the tv app and tv speakers no problem with sound, then proceeded to speak with a Netflix tech, who right off the bat said that they are aware of an issue, but seems to be only on the Samsung app after the firmware update, so as of right now I have removed the app from the tv and will be using the app on ps4 unil it gets fixed.

0 Likes
Macstinator
Explorer
Options
So it’s Netflix’s fault?
0 Likes
Toiffel
Pioneer
Options

I'm convinced it's the update they did, because prior Netflix worked and now it doesn't.

0 Likes
Bullant
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue on my Q60R since the fw update.

All apps used to work perfectly with DD+ audio through HDMI ARC to my Yamaha AVR.

But now I only get silence from Netflix.

Not good enough Samsung, admit it was your fault and fix it!

This problem happened from the moment that I got the popup notification telling me that the update had been applied.

0 Likes
Klint2
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Did the rep fix the static noise from your speakers?

0 Likes