Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware updaye ver 1497.0

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 04:55 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi does anyone know what this update fixes or even does as i have no clue even tho iv done the update im on the q95t

cheers

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
25 REPLIES 25
Cal
Explorer
Options

@PawelMerlin wrote:

There is a changelog for US version 1462.1 that was released on 24 of February. Probably the 1497.0 is just European version of that one.

- Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T
- Version : 1462.1
1. Improved usability

2. Improved picture quality

3. Improved browser performance

4. Improved app performance

5. Improved stability

6. Improved usability of input devices

Just watched a YouTube video of someone from America who reported that the  update 1462.1 fixed the scan line issue for them, after updating to 1497.0 here I can confirm I still have the scan line issue ...

https://youtu.be/hBgzw9OMhtk

PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

Looking how shitty the 2021 models are I won't expect fix anytime soon from Samsung. Don't know why they want to spoil still good brand name.

0 Likes
Cal
Explorer
Options

Wouldn't mind if they just admitted they know there's an issue with the TV and scan lines but it's the fact they just say it's a problem with the console.. 

Clearly isn't when some users don't have the problem and it's happening on other consoles like the Xbox and playstation 4.

0 Likes
Phil Hull
Apprentice
Options

Cal, they also can't blame consoles because I tried VRR on my monitor and it works absolutely fine. Looks absolutely dier on my q90t to the point where if the tv didn't have or advertise the feature I'd be happier with the tv. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@PawelMerlin  The Us site lists  the same generic  description for all firmware, they do not list specific information.

I have a change log from the German community, though not   much detailed information in this one.

Update version 1497.0 - March 2021

• A bug in ambient mode has been fixed.
  • Adjustments to the EU energy regulations in 2021 have been made.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Short YouTube Video here for Q95T after change , one comment was that local dimming better and game mode improved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
anduanmix
Journeyman
Options

Sony i Samsung chyba jasno przyznały, że aktualizacja ps5 rozwiąże problem na tv Samsung. Co ma do tego, że twój monitor działa dobrze? No chyba nic twój monitor to nie TV Samsung. 

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

all these guys are obssesed with " gaming , gaming and gaming " and they complain about bugs in the " game mode " so Samsung has listend and they finnaly f***d up the multimedia experience as i'm using my q95t as pc monitor the standard and dynamic mode are now corrupted , no more pure white colors and no more punchier colors and even sharpness is reduced so the blooming effect can't be so clear ,  the q95t is becoming a cheap chinese made panel , thanks to you gamers , these are my observations after the 1490 firmware update for the q95t in dynamic and standard mode :
1 the local dimming is reduced because the pure white color was soften too little less white tint than before maybe a pinch to gray
2 the level of sharpness was reduced , it's a little bit blurry
3 the color volume is modified i think
my conclusion YES the bloaming effect is reduced but with sacrificing the pure white color of the pixels

SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

in this 1490 fw update and as a pc monitor , there is noise in picture quality and the display is a bit darker than before like the FW has decreased the brightness of the tv and did the same with the sharpness so the blooming will be less noticeable than before but now the colors are nomore vivid or punchier like the old FW , so SAMSUNG PLEASE make our q95t brighters and more vivid and crisp as it was in the first launch of this good tv

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

with the 1497 fw update the q95t looks " Fuzzy " , and this effect was reported by other people , even with brightness at 48 and sharpness at 16 in standard and dynamic modes , browsing the web , watching fullhd or 4k content via pc hardware with asus strix 2080 ti looks " Fuzzy " , like Samsung did put some layer or filter which makes the screen not clear , less bright and fuzzy , did you recognize the same effect after this update