Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Firmware 1481 EU ( 2015 TV) ?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2017 01:09 PM)
artenais
Journeyman
Options

Good day,

Samsung seem to have release firmware 1481 with Netflix HDR support in US/CA. What is the timeframe we can except for the EU rollout?

Thank you.

29 REPLIES 29
S3v3nup
First Poster
Options

Why June Samsung? Surely the update can be rolled out accross the rest of the world with ease? Come on Samsung get your batteries out of your behinds!! 

0 Likes
DamoH
First Poster
Options

@S3v3nup wrote:

Why June Samsung? Surely the update can be rolled out accross the rest of the world with ease? Come on Samsung get your batteries out of your behinds!! 

June where have you got that? Bloody hope not!!

0 Likes
S3v3nup
First Poster
Options

Just read the first post

0 Likes
Glue
Apprentice
Options

Agreed Netflix needs the update so us 2015 users who bought into the 4k hdr promise can view the content in 4k. Its already available in the US. So why can't it be rolled out uk, Europe & world wide!

0 Likes
Zejulio
First Poster
Options
I have read some extra info here (generally reliable site): http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1990706-2015-samsung-sek-3500u-za-evolutio...

'The update for European users is expected sometime in march, i know this cause the National Tv station NRK here in Norway has been in conntact with Samsung, since the NRK app is causing stuttering then watching it on Samsung Tv's with the 1480 Firmware.'

So it seems it will happen in the upcoming days...
It would be nice if Samsung can confirm though.
0 Likes
socoa
First Poster
Options

+10000!!!!! When will they release on EU TVs?

In Europe and France (in particular) we are taken for *****s!

0 Likes
Cram13579
First Poster
Options
No clear info in fact. Going through the AVS forum on this, the best documented forum on this, just gossips and assumptions. Would be professional from Samsung to confirm at least that there will be a roll-out of the 1481 in Europe.
Otherwise, a simple trick for you guys to enjoy HDR on NETFLIX : Chromecast Ultra (79 Euros) does it, connected to 1 of your HDMIs.
0 Likes
keeep
Explorer
Options

It's sad Samsung support is so bad, we had to fight severals months on Samsung english forum to have the update. At some point they even put a page saying the tv wasn't compatible but changed their mind (or just bad communication) and they finally published an update. Now we need this update in Europe, I understand it can take some times, but they should keep us informed. (my tv is a ue55js9000)

0 Likes
adc283
Journeyman
Options

This is bull*****, please release it asap!

Best regards

0 Likes
keeep
Explorer
Options

Good news, received version 1490 here in France today, but Netflix version is still the old one without HDR, maybe an update for the app soon too?

0 Likes