Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick updated now detected as Apple TV!

(Topic created on: 17-04-2023 07:58 PM)
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
This is doing my head in. After the recent updates to the 4K firestick it is now being detected by my mothers 2020 TU8000 as an Apple TV.
Anyone else had this issue?
I've tried different ports, one will just say unknown device, HDMI CEC on and off, unplug, replug, power off, power on.
Messed with the firestick TV settings, NOTHING works. 

This is just crazy.
 I'm not factory resetting the TV. Samsung's backup is useless, I still have to re-enter all my login details for all the TV apps and that takes far too long.

As a result because of this nonsense I cannot get the remote to control the Firestick. 

I dont get this issue on my 2019 Samsung TV.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Pull the stick out of the HDMI socket then put it back in , tv should find the logo 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Can I just ask , regarding people's fire sticks in the u.k , do you find you have to set resolution to 50hz to get smooth playback?? 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

No, all modern TVs support 60hz

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks , yeah my au9000 can but I find that 60hz stuff doesn't play as smooth 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

When you say it's 60hz stuff your playing do you mean 60fps? 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Haha sorry , yes that's what I mean 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

Are you certain it's 60fps and not 24fps?

The Firestick can output at the videos native rate, check it in display settings, whether the TV will handle it is another matter.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Yeah I've turned on dev options and it says 59.95 ( or similar) whilst playing 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I know this is probably the wrong place to post this but , if I leave the stick on auto resolution if I play 50fps stuff it plays ok but not properly smooth ( auto resolution is 60hz default ) so I fix the stick to 2160p 50hz then it plays 50fps and 25fps fine but the 60fps isn't as smooth , the tv is 50hz / 60hz . I just thought it should play everything smoothly on auto resolution 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

But have you got Match original frame rate enabled?

0 Likes