Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick updated now detected as Apple TV!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 09:04 AM)
ashyt16
Navigator
Options
This is doing my head in. After the recent updates to the 4K firestick it is now being detected by my mothers 2020 TU8000 as an Apple TV.
Anyone else had this issue?
I've tried different ports, one will just say unknown device, HDMI CEC on and off, unplug, replug, power off, power on.
Messed with the firestick TV settings, NOTHING works. 

This is just crazy.
 I'm not factory resetting the TV. Samsung's backup is useless, I still have to re-enter all my login details for all the TV apps and that takes far too long.

As a result because of this nonsense I cannot get the remote to control the Firestick. 

I dont get this issue on my 2019 Samsung TV.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
John Anderson
First Poster
Options

Select source on TV remote then scroll fully right to universal remote, you can delete the Apple TV entry.  Remove HDMI from fire TV and reconnect while TV still on.  Go to HDMI port you have fire stick on, for me it was HDMI 1, click on that and reassigns as fire tv allowing to use Samsung remote again for your fire stick.  

Members_s6dUwDQ
First Poster
Options

I find unplugging it and plugging it back in 2/3 times does the trick and picks it up as a firestick. 2021 qn85

stevefrank
First Poster
Options
Cheers worked for me.
Lizardman81
Apprentice
Options

I had this issue - Fire TV Cube was coming up as Apple TV on my 65” Q85RAT - I tried advice above and it’s now recognised but I don’t get the “official” Fire TV logo that I get on my older 2019 Samsung! Instead get generic blue logo type. 

I know it’s vain but I just want it looking and working right :smiling-face: any advice?

0 Likes
RobJebster
First Poster
Options

Thanks John, this worked for me. Appreciate you writing that.

0 Likes
BeeTambz
First Poster
Options
Thanks John Anderson:it worked within seconds I just went to the universal remote selected delete Aple TV went back to.Uknown HDMI 1 and all.is.working fine thanks for.the advise.
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

This has actually been fixed, I put a 4k max stick in my AU9000 and it found it as a fire stick without issue 

0 Likes
Members_tu3CRfc
First Poster
Options

Alright guys, having ran to the same issue and trying everything I found the best solution ( at least it worked for me ) I simply replaced my PS5 HDMI port with the Firestick and after TV detected the PS5 and the stick just switched them back and the now is all good. Hope this works for you 

0 Likes
ashyt16
Navigator
Options

That's not a solution. Changing the name doesn't give you the Firestick logo and you lose some functionality.

It needs to be detected as a Firestick.

0 Likes
Kingburtz
First Poster
Options
Worked for me too but lost the firestick logo
0 Likes