Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filmmaker mode?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 03:32 PM)
Gaspo1
Pioneer
Options

Does anyone use the filmmaker mode? Is it any good? I have a Q60T and I noticed on the last update that it has filmmaker mode now.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
luithefirst
Apprentice
Options

I've been asking this myself: I only found that it is "intended to display the content as best as possible at the creators intend" and all image enhancement is deactivated. But then, I could set the same settings in the movie mode, so why should I use this? When setting both modes to the same settings, I would say that there is a tiny difference. I've also read somewhere that Samsung uses a "tweaked" tonemapping curve that pushes highlights. So maybe in filmmaker mode this is different and more according to the standards.

I would love to see Samsung promote their new features a bit better with more details on what it does. I could then use it with more enthusiasm. Otherwise, the movie mode would be enough for me.  

Unsungdude
Apprentice
Options

We have owned a 4K 75" Q95T TV for 3 days now. At first I didn't like movie or filmmaker mode. They just seemed to suck all the contrast and brightness away. But last night we watched Blade Runner 2049. From the get-go standard mode made this movie just look completely wrong, way to bright and cheerful!

Switching to filmmaker mode instantly fixed that. It was as I had remembered from the cinema. Lovely subtle shades that drew you into the story.

So if you want a cinematic experience, use filmmaker mode, especially in a large screen model.

Hedo
Apprentice
Options

Filmmaker Mode has resolved several issues when it comes to HDR 10+ content that was dimming, flickering or just plain blown out highlights or buried blacks. For all UHD that is not in HDR, movie mode ( with adjustments to preference ) works best. Filmmaker Mode needed NO adjustments ( but adjust as you like ) and everything looks spot on, whether it's movies or series on Amazon or Netflix. 

Hedo
Apprentice
Options

Using it, loving it. Closest to what film makers intended, IMO. Will get even better as future content begins using the 'flags' indicating it's has Filmmaker Mode active in the data. 

0 Likes
Rudi
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung 85 q80t and when i i use filmmaker mode the hdr symbole dosent show up in the Quick menu when i use hdr content. All other modes show the hdr symbole in the mode in Quick meny. Is there someone Who got the same problem and is there something wrong with my tv? Sorry for my bad english. Hope you understand IT. 

Wayno2021
First Poster
Options

I have the Q60T and don't have HDR written on Filmmaker symbol either.

I have been toggling between modes on a 4K HDR Video file (MKV) connected through USB hard drive and it doesn't look like film-maker mode is displaying HDR like the other modes do, but I'm not sure

Rudi
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much for your answer🙂 Wish you a good evening🙂

0 Likes
Gildy
Student
Options

Does anyone remember the default brightness setting for Filmmaker mode?  I have a 2020 Qled 75DT and I set the brightness level to 25 in Filmmaker mode and the picture is identical (as far as i can tell) to the Movie mode with 25 brightness.  I tried picture reset but the setting stays at 25.  Also, can you get HDR in Filmmaker mode?  Thank you for any assistance!

0 Likes
alexxmac
First Poster
Options

always in this mode. no matter what source - sony ps, cable, bd, streaming apps, plex - anything! 

0 Likes