Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File folders show up but no content found when I open them

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 02:36 AM)
Leet721
First Poster
Options

I have an external hard drive and it was working fine the other day...now the folders are there but when I open them they say no content found when hooked up to my Samsung smart hub tv...I download off my Android straight to a Seagate hard drive...if i my hard drive is hooked up to a computer it has the files in there and they work....I'm at a loss...any help please

12 REPLIES 12
Saad_Sayed
First Poster
Options

Same

0 Likes
Phomza
Journeyman
Options

Same. 4 OCt 2020. C'mon Samsung fix this!

0 Likes
Phomza
Journeyman
Options

did electrical reset. Did software update. No fix.😡

Phomza
Journeyman
Options

1. Copy small video file onto USB (not hard) drive and see if the TV plays it.

2. If the TV plays it then...

3. It means the Seagate has too many files and the TV memory is not sufficient to read any new files (it can still play older videos right?)

4. Therefore delete or move to you PC any files you are not interested in viewing on your TV to create space for new videos you want to watch...

5. New videos should now reflect. Had Same issue and now works fine

RedVelvet_
First Poster
Options

Hi. I was using my external hard drive just fine last night on my Samsung UHD Smart TV then this afternoon it no longer reads the drive. I tried using a USB flash drive with just one video file and when the notification flashed on the screen, it says do I want to play the video and it did play. However, when I try to access the folder itself it does not open. I tried resetting my tv and then directly connected my external hard drive to the port (I've been using an extension cable ever since and worked fine) and it reads the information but still cannot open the folder itself. I've deleted several files but still it just "reads" and then comes back to AV setting which is the normal tv channel. Hope you could help me. Thank you!

0 Likes
Verity46
First Poster
Options

RedVelvet, did you find a solution, I'm experiencing the same problem in the same order. At first a two minute shutdown would allow me to see the video files but now I cannot see the files and get the "no content found". I'm also seeing the same thing with being able to play a video if it is the only file on the thumb drive but I can't see it if I try to browse to it. Thanks

0 Likes
RedVelvet_
First Poster
Options

Hi Verity46,

Fortunately, my TV's USB and HDD ports are now doing fine. I actually contacted a service center and on their first visit, nothing happened. I asked for their senior technician but just the same, nothing was happening until I asked him if he brought a Samsung-issued flash drive with him. Luckily, this dude came equipped. I borrowed his Samsung flash drive and asked if he's got a software update saved in it. When I used it, the update was successful! Take note, though, I also tried connecting my TV to the internet so I was kinda not sure which of the two made the update successful. Nevertheless, I was so happy that his Samsung flash drive was finally read by the TV, as well as my other flash drives and external hard drive. If it will be impossible for you to borrow from someone with a Samsung-issued flash drive, I suggest you do the following:

1. Update the software (mine was from 1060 to 1374 via internet)

2. Let the USB and HDD ports rest for a few days (I was not in the mood to watch because it frustrates me)

Hope this reply helps! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Verity46
First Poster
Options

RedVelvet, Thanks for the reply. I'm on the latest software for my TV (1290.3 from Jan of '21), sounds like they had a newer version for your TV. I wish I could roll back to an older version but I'm encouraged that they fixed it with an update for you so I guess I'll have to wait until the send out a new update for my TV. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Shazzad
First Poster
Options

For me, resetting the samsung smarthub did the trick..