Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty 8k TV - help diagnosing & repair recommendations

(Topic created on: 24-03-2023 06:57 PM)
R08
Apprentice
Options
First time community user, and I'm hoping for some guidance. 

I bought, at some expense, an 8k TV to make the most of my media (there is no available 8k for me as yet, obvs.) and be ready when the content was, and it developed an unlivable fault (misplaced horizontal line of the image in centre of view, and seemingly-random reboots). Please can anyone help me understand the likely root cause, and any repair services recommended (UK postal area RG7)? I'll never buy anything but mobile devices from Samsung again, but I'd like to salvage this one if it's worth it. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
R08
Apprentice
Options
Model: UE55AU8000K
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @R08  One of the things than cause reboots is outdated software,check you have the latest update.   However  a soft Reset by either holding in Power button  on remote for 5 seconds or  unplugging from the mains for a minute can sometimes fix issues.   However can be due to faulty capacitors ,backlights or  main board.

If the horizontal line is permament that would be a worry, advisable to check that there is no issue with the connections  and reconnect.  However if still troublesome would need to do a Picture Test. Go to Support-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test.  if errors are displayed indicates crucial issue.

Would need to get in touch with Samsung Support regarding repair options.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

R08
Apprentice
Options
Hi @JAMES4578,

Sadly, I triple-checked the connections (including new, higher spec cabling), refreshed the software, ran the picture checkers (the line is permanent and persistent), and I've been through hard and soft cycling several times.

Thanks for your input and help - appreciated, and nice to know I'm not going mad.

Sadly, Samsung have been useless and gated behind that awful outsource, so you can't really reach them anyway.

Will look up recommended local repairers.

Cheers,
Rob