Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FALSE ADVERSTISING BY SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 07:28 PM)
Flotmangooner
Explorer
Options

As my first post was responded to swiftly by a moderator called TessM who asked me to send screenshots which I done - this was 3 weeks ago and despite numerous requests for her to respond she or any other mod has failed to do so.

So I am repeating my post here and respectfully request that someone from Samsung responds to it:

According to the adverts you should be able to "Enjoy all your favourite content in glorious 8K resolution, even if it’s not filmed that way"

So according to Samsung, the likes of Netflix, Prime, Samsung Plus, Sky, DVDS, Blu Rays etc should be showing in 'glorious' 8k but they are NOT being upscaled to 8k or anywhere near it. 

I know the reasons why having read similar posts so how can Samsung claim that content not filmed in 8k will still be displayed in 8k?

This has got to be false advertising surely? 

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Flotmangooner ,

apologies for the delay in response. I have now responded to your previous post here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe75qn800a-upscaling/m-p/4566778#M71855

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung doesn't care about its customers ... as long as we buy their products
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
it is impossible to upscale 720p to 8K without losing definition, so yeah I would agree with you on the false advertising
Flotmangooner
Explorer
Options
I'm writing a letter to Trading Standards for their take on the matter
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
do you work for samsung?