Did you mean: 

External subtitles on UE40KU6020K not working

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 09:14 PM)
Rajni
First Poster
Options

Can anyone help?

Subtitles option is greyed out.

I'm trying to watch from Prime. Not sure what's going on. Software updated but still no luck. Please help 😔

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarlH
Options

Hi, @Rajni. Is Prime the only app that doesn't allow subtitles? 

0 Likes
Rajni
First Poster
Options

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. I just tried Netflix and it's the same...won't allow subtitles. In the settings on the TV, I go to 'System' and the 'Accessibility'. I'm there the subtitles option is greyed out. I'd be grateful for any advice. Kind regards, Rajni

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Is there a separate subtitles setting in the apps themselves?

0 Likes
Rajni
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl, I've checked in the settings in the app and there's nothing at all.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, so it doesn't matter the app you are using, subtitles always stay greyed out. Can you reset the TV? Unplug all devices connected to the TV, then Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Finally, reconnect all external devices and check if the subtitles option is still greyed out.

0 Likes
Rajni
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for this.

I've done what you suggested but it's still greyed out.

I read the e-manual on the TV which says the below - see attached pic. However there's nothing on Amazon Prime to adjust the subtitle settings.

SquarePic_202055194947667.jpg

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for sending this through. Do you have any external device connected to the TV via HDMI that may be causing this? If so, can you unplug it to see if the subtitles option is available again? Amazon Prime is the app so I don't think is causing the issue. 

0 Likes
Rajni
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes, my virgin TV is connected to HDMI1 and DVD connects to HDMI2 (only when the DVD player is turned on). 

I need to keep the virgin TV connected. Does this mean I can't use the subtitle option on the TV at all?

Thank for your help, I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options
No problem! It is my understanding that you still can, but something needs to be changed on the subtitle settings of the Virgin TV or the DVD player (when turned on) in order to enable subtitles on the TV while they are connected.
0 Likes