Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External subtitles not working with smart TV UA65RU7100KXZN

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 09:23 AM)
ahmedhlabib
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I have recently got Smart TV UA65RU7100KXZN and I was disappointed that it's not showing subtitlesnfrom my DLNA server (WD Mycloud) my 9 years old TV was showing the external subtitles perfectly from the same DLNA server and 2019 model can't? How come!!! Does any one have idea how to fix this as really I'm disappointed since I bout the new TV.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
skaragiannis
Apprentice
Options

Same thing with my Samsung LED TV UE55RU7402 55"
Subtitles to mkv files from DLNA (Wd MyCloud - Twonky server) so not play
If I copy the two files to USB and stick it to the TV, same files play!!!

Also, AVI files never play, due to codec errors maybe, but 90% of my older videos are AVI!
MP4 files usually play (not all)

0 Likes
onlajn7
Journeyman
Options

I have .mkv file and separate .srt for subtitles (same names), when playing from USB disk subtitles are displayed but when playing from DLNA server then I cannot see subtitles.  I tried all possible options but without success.
Can you please fix this so the .srt are also displayed when watching from DLNA server???

Samsung TV Q70 and Libreelec DLNA!

lukasker
First Poster
Options
Please fix or we should ask for a refund.
skaragiannis
Apprentice
Options

I have partially solved this by installing a Plex server on an old minimac I have in the lan and using the plex app on Samsung 

I really enjoy that solution now.

still have to find some solution for series that have directories and multiple files of same name + number + extension 

but overall I loved the solution 

this is not anything that Samsung contributed though ..

0 Likes
onlajn7
Journeyman
Options

@onlajn7 wrote:

I have .mkv file and separate .srt for subtitles (same names), when playing from USB disk subtitles are displayed but when playing from DLNA server then I cannot see subtitles.  I tried all possible options but without success.
Can you please fix this so the .srt are also displayed when watching from DLNA server???

Samsung TV Q70 and Libreelec DLNA!

Hi,

It seems that this functionality depends on DLNA server. For example I have two raspberry pi devices, on one is Libreelec DLNA activated and here subtitles are not forwarded to TV but in another raspberry pi device I am using mini DLNA server and from here I can watch movies together with subtitles on Q70 TV.

BR

Polletje
Student
Options

Hello,

Same problem here with UE43J5500AW (2015 model) and Windows 10 pc with Media sharing enabled. The work-around of using Samsung Smart View turned out to the easiest temporary solution. Add media folder on pc to Smart View.

Smart view Icon (of pc) should be selected as source on smart tv. This enables the same file and folder browsing, but now movies can be played  with subtitles enabled. I presume filename of subtitle file still has to be the same as video file.

Kind Regards,

0 Likes
Polletje
Student
Options

Hello All,

I've experencied the same problem with my Samsung UE43J5500AW and windows 10 with media sharing enabled. Solution: install of Samsung Smart View, add media folder to smart view. Choose on tv Smart View (of pc) as source. This enables the same file and folder browsing, but this time with subtitles working while playing movies. Filenames of subtitle file has be the same as video file, I presume.

Kind Regards,

Polletje

DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Same problem here with QN75Q900RBGXZD and the WD My Cloud DLNA Server. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
JZO001
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Same problem here with UE43TU8502UXXH. Has anyone found a solution? Looks like I need to send back the TV and ask a refund 😞

0 Likes