Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Hard Drive query

(Topic created on: 23-02-2018 01:52 PM)
mattywhythe
First Poster
Options

I am about to buy the UE-55MU7000 and need to know if it can support a WD 8TB MyBook external hard drive that I will be using to play all my televison shows, movies and other media.

I currently have a Sony Bravia that is a complete sod when it is using an external hard drive and is fussy about file size, format, bit rate, sound files and takes ages to load up.

Does anyone know if this Samsung TV will allow me to plug in my 8TB hard drive and play without any problems.

Matty

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mattywhythewrote:

I am about to buy the UE-55MU7000 and need to know if it can support a WD 8TB MyBook external hard drive that I will be using to play all my televison shows, movies and other media.

I currently have a Sony Bravia that is a complete sod when it is using an external hard drive and is fussy about file size, format, bit rate, sound files and takes ages to load up.

Does anyone know if this Samsung TV will allow me to plug in my 8TB hard drive and play without any problems.

Matty

Samsung also have issues with recording.  My worked for a couple of weeks then stopped. You as at the retailer if you could try it to see if it worked.  If you buy make sure you have it recorder that that is a function you want and is a reason you are buying it.  If it stops working you can then send it back as faulty. 

0 Likes
mattywhythe
First Poster
Options

Thank you for replying.

I forgot to state that I have a 8TB drive that is already loaded up with TV shows and films, my intention is to using it for watching only, not to record off air.

Mattty

0 Likes