Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension or Longer UN65MU8000F One Connect Cable

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 09:13 PM)
nfd0800
Apprentice
Options

Moving my TV from a wall to an area above a mantel over a gas fireplace.  The mounting area will be brick faced so I am installing a power conduit and a signal conduit to appear behind the TV mount.  All of my electronics (HDMI devices, Directv box, etc) will be located in a credenza which is about 20 ft or so across the room from my TV.  Is there an extension cable or a longer one connect cable I can buy to complete this project?  The One Connect box is labeled BN96-44183A and had four HDMI ports and one coaxial connector for antenna.  There is no power connector on this box, just signal.  The TV is a 2017/2018 model UN65MU8000F.  I searched this community but could not find a definitive answer for my model.  Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
There seems to be extended lengths of One connect cables available, upto 15m, you can search on ebay and find lots of them, but in very limited numbers and for different models. Although they exist, it would require some effort and money to locate one. I saw prices over £150 for those sorts of lengths.
0 Likes
nfd0800
Apprentice
Options

It seems from the reading I've done there are at least a couple different types of One Connect cables.  Hopefully I can identify one.  A 15 meter cable would work.  Now to find one that works with my TV/box.  Thanks

EfrCba
Student
Options

Hello, I'm looking for the same product: a longer or an extender One Connect cable for UN65MU8000F.

Did you find something?

Thanks,

Emma

0 Likes
nfd0800
Apprentice
Options

There is no extension cable or longer cable available from either Samsung or from a third party vendor.  Believe me, I exhausted my search - nada.  With that I had to get very creative but I got lucky and the original cable was long enough to reach just below the floor then I used very long HDMI cords to complete the connection.  It is crazy they do not offer a longer cable for that.  Sorry!

mike634
Student
Options

Hi there, I've just ordered the 2021 Samsung Frame TV and now learned that the cable is only 2.5m long. You also can't buy longer versions of the cable like you could with earlier models.

It looks like you found a way to extend the cable. Did you create something yourself? Or were you able to extend it with an HDMI extension cable?

I'd really appreciate some advice because samsung haven't been able to give me any information on this, they've just said "it's not possible".

Thanks!

nfd0800
Apprentice
Options

I did not fund a work around for my TV.  The cable was just long enough to get it through the floor under the TV (which is mounted above a fire place mantle).  From there I used longer HDMI cords to get to my Directv box, DVD player, etc,  Very frustrating

0 Likes
mike634
Student
Options

Oh I see, so does that mean that you have to have your one connect box under the floor boards? And then you have HDMI cables running from there to your other boxes?

I thought maybe you were able to use an HDMI extension cable to extend the one connect cable... but sounds like you couldn't do that?

0 Likes
nfd0800
Apprentice
Options

yes, the main cable runs through the wall and down into the basement where it connects to the box.  The HDMI cords come from a cabinet down into the basement, above a suspended ceiling and to the main box and connect.  Hope that is clear!

0 Likes
TomCCCC
First Poster
Options

I’ve spent a full day looking for something I thought would take 5 minutes, and now I realize I’m in trouble.   I’m in the same situation as you guys, but I don’t have the underfloor option.   I need about 15 feet of cable, and the one that came with my UN82MU8000FXZA is only 6 feet or so.  
Figured I could just buy a longer cable, but impossible to find.   An adapter to link two together?   Nope!

lots of 6 footers on Amazon, but that doesn’t help.   
If anyone has an update of knows what might work, please reply here.