Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Error while opening Netflix

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 05:15 PM)
tsouts
Student
Options

Hi all, I have a Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and when I try to open Netflix I get the error:

Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again.

I reinstalled netflix, changed Smart Hub country, changed the router, but still cannot open Netflix. Every other app loads and works perfectly.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
devicesupport
First Poster
Options

We have all heard about Netflix, it is one of the most popular apps that allows you to stream unlimited Tv shows, movies, programs on all kinds of devices.

Are you wondering if “Netflix is down”? Or is the Netflix not working issue in your device only? The best way to check is Netflix is down is to go to their official pages and check. Usually, when Netflix is down, they will update it on their official pages.

You can try resetting the device or simply test on a mobile device to see if the problem with Netflix. Usually, when Netflix is down you cannot do anything about it as the issue will be resolved on their end only. All you can do is be patient and wait for the problem to be resolved.

However, if Netflix is not down then there are high chances that the problem is either in the internet connectivity or the device. Let us discuss the solution to these problems here.

0 Likes
Smallft
Student
Options

It is absolutely, stupid ridiculous that this works. There should definitely be some sort of reset option for the apps. 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

When using Smart Tv it runs for one to three minutes and then returns to cable channelss.

0 Likes
nathanw
First Poster
Options

This might help as well if the other solutions don't work.. How to Fix Netflix Error Code UI-800-3

0 Likes
Mile2
First Poster
Options

Buonasera, 

È già da una settimana che non riesco più ad accedere all'app Netflix da Smartphone.

Ho un Galaxy S10. 

Ho già provato più volte a disinstallare l'app e rinstallarla. Nonostante io inserisca le credenziali corrette mi da errore nell'email o password. 

Su tutti gli altri dispositivo funziona correttamente, anche ad altre persone con cui condivido l'account funziona. 

In che modo posso risolvere questo problema? (Possibilmente senza dovere reimpostare la password) 

0 Likes
Terry1951
First Poster
Options

That worked for me too.

I initially thought it was a windup.

Thanks.

@tsouts wrote:

Strangely enough the problem is fixed with the following solution:

While viewing the error, I pressed "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" and on the menu I selected "Try Again".

Then I restarted Netflix App, I got the login screen and it worked.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some useful solutions here,official advice if the Netflix app is unresponsive on Samsung Tv is to unplug and try again.   If problem when selecting a profile unplug from power for at least a minute, hold power button in for 5 seconds before trying Netflix again.   Alternatively unplug for 3 minutes to reset.

https://help.netflix.com/Samsung TV 

For buffering issues you may need to reset your router, see more here help.netflix.com/ Buffering Issues 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

victoria100
First Poster
Options

I have also Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and I also faced problem during opening Netflix. The error was m7111-5059. Then I got solution after searching many websites and fixed it.

0 Likes
Terry2020
First Poster
Options

@victoria100 wrote:

I have also Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and I also faced problem during opening Netflix. The error was m7111-5059. Then I got solution after searching many websites and fixed it.

So don't keep us in suspense.

What was the fix? :smiling-face:

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Terry2020  the solution provided by @victoria100  is linked- you just need to click on m7111-5059.

Can be a problem caused by some VPN's and certain ones are more compatible.   Advice is  to disable VPN, clear browsing data and cache, possibly deactivate proxy connection and IPV6 protocol.   More detail in the  Tech Target article.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes