Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 24/06/18 04:55)
Annie98
First Poster
Options
TV

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
gazzer
Options
TV

Solved.   

I had same error suddernly this week and not been able to run apps etc. although network connection were regonised and  ok in settings.  goto main menu on tv, then support, then software update.  follow the instructions for installing the software (make sure that the network settings are ok first).  After the TV reset its self.. no more ERROR_MODEL_BIND and apps / Neflix working again.   So I think Saumsung is creating an error for us when it wants us to do a system software update.

View solution in context

138 REPLIES 138
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@Tiff wrote:

Hi, I'e been getting the  ERROR_MODEL_BIND message for a couple of weeks and vannot connect to the internet. Please help!

If it worked OK when you first got it and then stopped working  then it does look like a fault. If it's less than 30 day's old ask for a replacement or refund. If over ask for a repair.

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV

Hi

I've had it for years and its worked fine. Just the last two weeks we've had this error. When you say ask for a repair, where do I go for that? 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@Tiff wrote:

Hi

I've had it for years and its worked fine. Just the last two weeks we've had this error. When you say ask for a repair, where do I go for that? 

I think best bet is Samsung Support,  but it sounds like a fault, unless you have updated the firm ware which caused it.

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV
The only updates I've ever done are the automatic updates that pop up. I thought this was Samsung Support. Is it not?
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
TV

@Tiff wrote:
The only updates I've ever done are the automatic updates that pop up. I thought this was Samsung Support. Is it not?

No this is Samsung forums. I am another owner. The moderators are from Samsung

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV
Do you have this fault too?
0 Likes
Pino59
Observer
Options
TV

I have the same problem (ERROR_MODEL_BIND) with my UE46ES63000, what should I do to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe

0 Likes
Tv12
First Poster
Options
TV

I have exactly the same problem with the same model of TV but I have had my TV for almost 5 years and it has never been able to connect to the internet. 

I contacted Samsung support but their offices are based in the Philippines and the guy on the phone could barely speak English. 

Are there any other Samsung telephone numbers to register a complaint for this problem as it’s obviously more common than I thought?

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV

I've always been able to connect to the internet. It's just the past 2 weeks I've had this  error and cannot. 

I called Samsung Support too and was given a number for repair engineers in my area. It will be chargeable.

The number is 01708 361560

I haven't had a chance to call yet. 

Looks like a lot of people have this issue. I'm not sure why it seems impossible to get a quick answer from Samsung. 

0 Likes
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV
I called Samsung Support too and was given a number for repair engineers in my area. It will be chargeable.

The number is 01708 361560

I haven't had a chance to call yet. 

Looks like a lot of people have this issue. I'm not sure why it seems impossible to get a quick answer from Samsung. 

0 Likes
İzmir-James
Options
TV

Did you have any luck?

Our tv is exactly the same. About 4 years and it has never connected. We just got Netflix so now it’s kinda necessary!

0 Likes
MaggieD52
First Poster
Options
TV

No, I gave up trying.

0 Likes
TLS
First Poster
Options
TV

Yep.  Mine works fine now!

0 Likes
Loth28
Just Browsing
Options
TV
Awesome thanks
0 Likes
satticheers
Options
TV

Hi 

0 Likes
Elton2018
First Poster
Options
TV

I have the samen issue, i Have model Type UE46ES800. I cant connect to internet. It was working perfectly.  Internet is fibre

0 Likes
halojen
First Poster
Options
TV

I unplugged my TV for 30 seconds, and then plugged it back in. That seems to do it. 

My issues seems to be created when accessing Netflix through Xfinity.

0 Likes
Elton2018
First Poster
Options
TV

Problem solved, i installed a software update. I hope I can send a bill to samsung for the three hours I was looking to solve this problem. Its weird that you buy a product and the manufachtered can change your software settings with any notice.

Mista2
Options
TV

Argh, what a dumb error message. I finanlly found this thread and tried a software update. Working at last.

@Elton2018 wrote:

Problem solved, i installed a software update. I hope I can send a bill to samsung for the three hours I was looking to solve this problem. Its weird that you buy a product and the manufachtered can change your software settings with any notice.

0 Likes
Rmerenyi
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi. I found this bolg/video, did it and it worked perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmOxUQqHsg&feature=share

0 Likes
marinamarian
Apprentice
Options
TV

The option Software update was greyed out for me. Had to go to Menu-System-Setup and reinstall the tv, along with channels and all.