Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

ERROR_MODEL_BIND

(Topic created on: 11/06/18 14:05)
Annie98
First Poster
Options
TV

My Samsung Smart TV UE46EH5300 suddenly refused to connect to the internet, displaying the error message ERROR_MODEL_BIND. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
gazzer
Options
TV

Solved.   

I had same error suddernly this week and not been able to run apps etc. although network connection were regonised and  ok in settings.  goto main menu on tv, then support, then software update.  follow the instructions for installing the software (make sure that the network settings are ok first).  After the TV reset its self.. no more ERROR_MODEL_BIND and apps / Neflix working again.   So I think Saumsung is creating an error for us when it wants us to do a system software update.

View solution in context

138 REPLIES 138
Tiff
Apprentice
Options
TV

*******That has worked for me too!! Thank you! ********

My tv is now connected to the internet and working after a month.

So if any Samsung bod is bothering to read this, this is the advice you can give?! 

0 Likes
Yolifern88
First Poster
Options
TV

Thanks so much for trying to help. I tried updating the software but it tells me that my system is up to date and no new updates are available. 

0 Likes
Mulumba
Options
TV
On system update there is an option for altenative software. Tap on that to install the latest software
0 Likes
dontknow
Options
TV
when you go on to software update via menu, scroll down to alternative software
0 Likes
mrdblack
Options
TV

I tried software update over internet - no update available so no joy.  I tried the Alternative Software option & had an option to upgrade to version 002007.  I did this, followed the instructions & problem solved !  Thank you everyone DB

0 Likes
OZed
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi,

having same error... dowloaded the latest software update on usb but tv says no update found on usb...

any clue what to do to fix that?

0 Likes
alohamc2002
Options
TV
Thanks so much gazzer! Your instructions worked perfectly! I had two options for download and the Internet option found a 2004 upgrade versus the current 2001 it was using (only showing last 4 digits of upgrade ). Shame on Samsung. Thanks again for the help!
0 Likes
Tarraco
First Poster
Options
TV

I cannot select Software Update. It’s not in bold and I get a message I cannot select this option. How am I supposed to update?

Having the same problem with that error since December. 

0 Likes
Clare2018
Apprentice
Options
TV

Reset your tv back to factory settings.  Then try again! 

0 Likes
Tv12
First Poster
Options
TV
It will only be in bold if the TV is connected to your router with an ethernet cable.
I had the same problem.
Mine is now working when connected by ethernet cable but still no wireless connection.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
0 Likes
Steve97
Observer
Options
TV

Exit SmartHub and try again. Had the same issue.

About the issue with Error_Model_Bind.

I updated software-restarted TV and it's fine now.

0 Likes
Rmerenyi
First Poster
Options
TV
Hi. Me too. Did you ever find a solution?
0 Likes
pierot741
Observer
Options
TV

sierto solo era actuañizar mi tv :,v gracias 

0 Likes
Jimmy_Pere
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi, i have the same problem. I tried to go to the Menu/ Settings/Update, but i cannot do this (update) because is not available!? Do you have any idea why? ( The internet connection  is o.k.)

0 Likes
AntS
Options
TV

Hi @Jimmy_Pere.

The update may not be available over the air yet for your TV, but if you know your TV's model number you'll be able to search for its product support page and it may be available to download and install using a USB. Obimatt's post here gives some decent guidance.

Tv12
First Poster
Options
TV

If this is a Samsung site then why doesn't anybody from Samsung take the time to reply to any of these problems people are having with THEIR TV's????

Is it just a case of "we've got your money now so we can't be bothered with you anymore?"

Personally I would not buy a Samsung TV again,their after sales service is *****!!!

0 Likes
Peter_barb
First Poster
Options
TV

Hello!

i own two Samsung Smart Tv’s both the same just different sizes.  The small one I was able to update the software and recognizes the wireless wifi however the large one 55” does not.  

Is the problem with the large tv itself or something else? 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
TV

@Peter_barb wrote:

Hello!

i own two Samsung Smart Tv’s both the same just different sizes.  The small one I was able to update the software and recognizes the wireless wifi however the large one 55” does not.  

Is the problem with the large tv itself or something else? 

Hi @Peter_barb,   no it won't be anything to do with the Tv size per se.   Were you able to update the software via USB on the 55" inch screen?  If so and wi fi problems then I suggest you try the following advice from @AntS  on this thread Wifi Issues.   If you were unable to update Tv software can you format USB stick and download again in first instance?

@Elaine4444   Same advice applies, firstly ensure you have the latest update though  by checking Samsung Support and if not download latest firmware to USB and update Tv that way.  

0 Likes
halojen
First Poster
Options
TV

I just started having the same issue.  Problem is, when I type in my model number, it doesn't recognize it.  My model # is PN60E550D1FXZA.  Please help!

0 Likes
Geraldyeap
First Poster
Options
TV
I am having ‘ERROR_MODEL_BIND’, my model is UA32EH4500.

Please help!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
TV

@halojen wrote:

I just started having the same issue.  Problem is, when I type in my model number, it doesn't recognize it.  My model # is PN60E550D1FXZA.  Please help!

Hi @halojen, sorry for delay.    Your TV seems to be an US model and  you will find information here https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?modelcode=PN60E550D1FXZ...  This seems to be the firmware link but nothing that recent. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2012-plasma-smart-tv-e550-series