Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Enabling Bluetooth headphones and TV speakers on UHD TV 7 Series?

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 11:11 PM)
g6flw
Apprentice
Options

I have recently bought a 49 inch curved screen series 7 Samsung TV model number : UE49RU7300KXXU. I'm sure there must be an easier way of pinpointing the model but I'm newish to Samsung TV's.  Anyway, what I want to achieve, as I'm getting to be a bit hard of hearing is for me to listen through my Bluetooth headphones at one volume level, whilst my partner listens via the TV speaker at a lower volume level that in comfortable for her.  So far I have paired my headset - but I only seem to have a choice of TV speaker OR Bluetooth Headset....  There does not seem to be an option to enable both TV Speaker AND Bluetooth Headset. (Or am I being stupid and not looking in the right place?)

Does anyone know of a way around this problem?  I was reading elswhere in this community that some models support simultaneous audio output via TV speakers and the digital audio  optical outlet, but even if this model supports that, is that my only option?  I'm hoping someone can point me at an obscure  menu option where I can select both tv and headphone audio outputs to be enabled.  

Thanks for taking your time to check out my issue.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Go to accessibility settings and look for multiple audio devices. I don't know how it works but I would have the headset working when trying this.
g6flw
Apprentice
Options

@ Pugs1957:  Thanks for that idea. I have since investigated that accessibility option and have enabled multiple audio devices - default was disabled - but I've yet to discover what difference it makes.  Unfortunately I'm unable to activate both the TV speaker and Bluetooth device at the same time.  I'll keep messing in that area as the option description does seems to address my issue!   I'm also looking at trying the optical output for room sound through a soundbar as I'm still fairly certain that it will be possible to listen to bluetooth headphones and optical sound at the same time. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Kit

0 Likes
g6flw
Apprentice
Options

@pugs1957 - Again.......   I've tried your solution again and this time IT WORKED!  Many many thanks!  I am now able to listen via bluetooth and adjust volume on the headset and also listen independently to audio directly from the TV speakers. Brilliant.   Minor niggles include occasional breakup of bluetooth signal for very short periods and a slight audio time lag between bluetooth audio and tv speaker audio - but both of these I can happily live with.   Thanks again for your solution.

Cheers

Kit