Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC passthrough issue?

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 07:00 PM)
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

I have a Sonos Arc connected via eARC to my TV. I was using “passthrough” on my Samsung Q85T TV instead of “auto” as it was giving the best audio outputs. However, it has now randomly removed the “passthrough” option on my TV and will only allow “auto” or “PCM”, which gives poorer audio - any idea why or how to fix? Should note that this is the case using the built in Netflix/Prime etc apps.

10 REPLIES 10
Boler
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with 2020 frame and Sonos arc.  Who’s at fault? What is the best setup right now until an update

0 Likes
JesperDK
First Poster
Options

+1 here.

same issue with a Denon AVC-X8500H processor. Disabling e-arc, enabling and doing some handshakes makes the tv able to select pass-through. But after some time, the provision falls back to auto.

Unfortunately this causes to output a PCM signal, and i do not believe the tv is doing better than a 4500€ Denon amp. In fact when it works for those brief hours, there is a world of difference in sound.

0 Likes
Charlsburg
Pioneer
Options

Its the same issue as mentioned in this thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/potential-major-issue-with-2020-samsung-tv-s-with-one-connect... 

Join the band-wagon and curry up some more attention so Samsung puts more than one programmer onto the issue.

Whats happened is they released an update to "fix" it, and naturally its broken it even further.

It effects all 2020 series QLEDs, and thus far Samsung are silent on the matter.

Its not your audio system, its the TV and its software related

0 Likes
e-charge
Explorer
Options

Having the same problem with my 2021 QLED and just got off the phone with Samsung support who have stated that this TV is not intended to be used with AV Receivers - only soundbars and speakers.
My own fault for calling them really. How much "support" did I really expect.

Smithian
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

same issue here with a Hisense 312 soundbar. The 'Passthrough' is greyed out saying it will only work with eArc. However, I am using eArc along with the correct cable. The sound coming through is poor and they need to fix this major issue.

0 Likes
Tim Atkinson
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I'd like to be able to enable Passthrough for use with a Sky Stream puck and Sonos sound bar . Auto & PCM give inferior sound quality.

@Samsung, please could you provide and ETA for a fix? 

Many Thanks 

0 Likes
e-charge
Explorer
Options

My QE43Q60AA was presenting me with the firmware version 2101 as the latest available for my TV, via auto-update, which once applied, made no difference at all to the problems I was experiencing. The Samsung website however, was offering me firmware version 2111 for my TV.

I applied this via the USB update method, moved my HDMI cable back to the eARC socket and everything has been working perfectly, and as expected, since doing so.

Hope this helps someone...anyone.
L

0 Likes
Smithian
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I updated to the latest but there was not improvement in the volume over e-Arc and passthrough still isn't available. This means that there's a massive different between the volumes of TV channels with/without HD and between TV and Streaming Services (Streaming services are much louder). FYI

0 Likes
AB1815
First Poster
Options

I'm going through the same issue as "Pass-Through" option is greyed out & my Sonos app is showing "Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1" instead of "Dolby Atmos". Can this issue be resolved by using some an external player like Roku or Nvidia Shield Pro?

0 Likes