Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC on Q90R tv

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 09:28 AM)
Kaenge
Apprentice
Options

I have now had confirmation from Samsung that the 2019 Q90R TV will never have eARC. I have been advised that if I can find where this was promised then I could pick this up with the retailer where I bought the TV from. For those with the 2019 Q900R, they will be contacted for an upgrade of their one connect box to be HDMI 2.1 enabled and eARC capable.  So for 2019 Q90R - forget about eARC! 

22 REPLIES 22
Noddy
Explorer
Options

I've had 3 missed calls from samsung today ( well every time I answer they hang up in good old samsung customer support fashion! )

On my email from my retailer they say that they have been told by samsung that the earc update is in its final stages lol , and MAYBE imminent ( maybe !)

I seriously think I'll throw this tv through the window as it's  causing nothing but stress! 

I think samsung are pushing back my return ( maybe I'm paranoid) but I'll be fighting any decision other than return for refund. 

AARRGGHH !  👊 📺

0 Likes
portenyo
Pioneer
Options

There is a new beta firmware 1387.1 that makes our dream come true. The EARC WORKS for some soundbars. Some like Sonos seems not to work. Just search the firmware on the internet and you could see there’s lots of people using it already with good results. 

palmandpalm
Apprentice
Options

Now, it is obvious that Samsung cant make Q90R/Q900R 2019 & 2018 series to support eARC features as they advertised/promised. (Q900RA is 2018, Q900RB is 2019, ...)

(to keep high-quality multi-speaker sound beyond very limited bitrate via Optic/Bluetooth into HDMI that supports Dolby Atmos & DTS pass-through to any soundbar)

In technical terms, I did some research and found that it depends not only on firmware but also on the physical hardware limitation, as the actual bandwidth of the dedicated HDMI port cannot reach the standard of HDMI 2.1 that eARC requires.

Some users with 2020 & 2021 TV that support eARC may find the instability of eARC connection to the soundbar. Most of the cause is that HDMI cable that can sustain the total bandwidth of HDMI 2.1 is very rare, and most of them can't handle the signal longer than 4 meters by copper wire technology. Possible by fiber optic HDMI cable.

eARC consumes only a tiny bandwidth portion but requires the HDMI chain's cable & transmitter & receiver to work on HDMI2.1 mode to activate it. Otherwise, it will roll back to the typical ARC on HDMI1.4-2.0 mode that doesn't support Dolby Atmos.

Dinnos
Navigator
Options
0 Likes
Members_dZPDW72
Student
Options

Is it possible to downgrade from 1392 to 1387.1 version?

I am really pissed of to allowed an update on my TV and loose eARC….

0 Likes
Dinnos
Navigator
Options

Is not possibile, sorry

0 Likes
Members_dZPDW72
Student
Options

Could someboday from Samsung give us an updtate when can we expect a working eARC again. I am in other Samsung community forums and we users are getting really dissapointed loosing the eARC function.

Jeff J
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

Finally has it now! TV updated a few days ago. Firmware 1401

0 Likes
GTV0026
Explorer
Options

This update broke everyone’s tv. This may be the worst update Samsung ever released. Major glitching and sound issues and Samsung refuses to assist or offer a way to rollback to version 1391. 

0 Likes
palmandpalm
Apprentice
Options

You may try using HDMI 2.1 cable.  eARC standard will force the the whole loop system from HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 speed.  most of cables that >1.5m are likely to failed to sustain on this speed.   The industry will use HDMI over fiber optic that can support 48Gbps v.2.1 speed up to 100 meters.

0 Likes