Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC on Q90R tv

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 12:23 PM)
Kaenge
Apprentice
Options

I have now had confirmation from Samsung that the 2019 Q90R TV will never have eARC. I have been advised that if I can find where this was promised then I could pick this up with the retailer where I bought the TV from. For those with the 2019 Q900R, they will be contacted for an upgrade of their one connect box to be HDMI 2.1 enabled and eARC capable.  So for 2019 Q90R - forget about eARC! 

22 REPLIES 22
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I didn't realise until I researched your thread that you can get adapters.
0 Likes
fifise
Explorer
Options

Here is one of the many time Samsung promised q90r eARC update: (watch the video of the tweet)

https://twitter.com/Fifise77/status/1311035671797215233?s=19

0 Likes
Jon666
Apprentice
Options

I’ve been offered a refund for my Q90R 75inch due to no earc. Not sure which to get, the LG C1, Sony A80J or take the gamble on the Q95A.

GuyMan85
First Poster
Options

How were you offered a refund? I wish to pursue this as well.

Noddy
Explorer
Options

Are you in the UK mate.

I've been banging my head with samsung over this issue for 8 months or so .

0 Likes
Jon666
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I’m in the UK. The last time I called Samsung I was told the Q90R will not be updated as the hardware is not compatible. So many different stories !!!

I got a refund from the retailer I purchase the TV from as I was told at the point of sale (Samsung Rep within the store) that it will be updated with eARC plus any other 2020 model features via firmware upgrades.

I see so many people online having problems with the new QN95A that I ruled it out , plus not happy with all Samsung’s promises with eARC that don’t materialise that today I ordered an LG C1.

Hope you get yours sorted 

Noddy
Explorer
Options
Thank you for responding mate.
I got mine from richer sounds, they ate currently in conversation with samsung, hoping I get a positive outcome but samsung have been appalling tbh .
I'll be going for the c1 also if I get the opportunity ( fingers crossed)
Noddy
Explorer
Options

RS are currently in dialogue with samsung about this issue on my behalf now .

Not sure how it will go , but I too will swap it out for the c1.

Won't hold my breath tho coz both parties will be wanting me to accept this mis sold tv tbh.

Let me know your thoughts about it in comparison to the q90r ( if you don't mind) 

Jon666
Apprentice
Options

Had the C1 for a few days now. It’s an upgrade in every sense. Pictures quality is stunning ( I mean STUNNING) even on upscaled terrestrial SD Programs. Now my Q80R soundbar is displaying eARC.

I’m very very happy with the upgrade