Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eARC not working on Q95T (No sound to Soundbar when eARC is set to Auto)

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 05:32 PM)
Lindhardt
Apprentice
Options

My new Q95T cant play any sound signal though to my soundbar when eARC is active (When "Auto" is selected)  

When i go to sound settings and set the HDMI-eARC Mode to "Auto" i dont get any sound.. The ability to play Dolby Atmos True HD was the main reason i payed for a new flagship model, so i am very disappointed and considering returning my TV while i still can. 

Does anyone know if its an hardware or software issue with the One Connect Box? And if its a software issue, how often do Samsung roll new updates out? It would be nice to know if its an issues they are working on and when can we expect a software update. 

9 REPLIES 9
theredd
Journeyman
Options

Hey 👋

So I have a Q90T ( no one connect box )with the jbl 9.1 bar everything is working for me with earc. But I noticed a problem with the hdmi sources when I connect everything maby its the same with you.

So disconnect every hdmi. Then connect youre soundbar to port 3 (earc) and turn it on and watch if you can turn the soundbar on and if its activated on the tv.

Then one by one ad another hdmi source for example connect you're ps4 to hdmi 1 and turn it on, you get any sound with earc good..

Then for example put you're tv provider hdmi in poort 2 and turn it on. For me then it wil give problems, arc wil dissappear and I have the sound only out of the tv. 

I still have no solution but iam getting a little bit further. Also I thought you have to have at least a hdmi 1.4 cable for arc and for the full earc use I thought you have to have 2.1 hdmi. But with 1.4 its also working.

0 Likes
theredd
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Lindhardt
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Theredd,

The links sums it up pretty good. Seems like Samsung have had eARC issues for a long time now.

Really hope to see a fix soon before I return my tv

0 Likes
kelix
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue with my Q80T and the Q800T soundbar..

eArc shows on the soundbar but ALL atmos stops playing after like 4 seconds and the centre channel is quite on a ton of MA 7.1 shows.. I hope Samsung fox this issue!

8KSomeday
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. Q80T JBL 9.1 soundbar, eARC not working. Just spoke with Samsung support, agent has never heard of such issues yet the Internet is filled with hundreds or thousands of similar complaints.

Love the picture on the TV, but this is unacceptable. Technician coming to my house this week. I'm assuming they won't be able to fix it and back to Best Buy it will go.

0 Likes
8KSomeday
First Poster
Options

Well, this is ridiculous, but it worked. Something for others to try...

I connected the sound bar to a different TV in the house (an older Samsung) that only supported ARC. It worked flawlessly. I brought it back to the Q80T and guess what. It's working! Hopefully it sticks.

0 Likes
Members_6JEiXO0
Apprentice
Options

Did you get any useful help on this issue? My q95t doesn't recognize my soundbar as such. I cannot select the hdmi as sound output. 

My workaround is that the soundbar has all the devices and only earc connected to one connect box. But now no atmos for Disney or netflix.

So curious to hear any solutions

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Hi did this solution work? I’m about to try it. This issue exists even on the 2021 models - it’s the most frustrating thing ever.

0 Likes
Matt055
Explorer
Options

I had this issue with my new 2021 inch Model Samsung TV and Soundbar. I did a few things and think I may of corrected the issues, finally.

One thing I did was to factory reset the TV and connect each hdmi device as the tv  instructed at install. Another issue the TV company I bought it from was seeing issues when set top box was connected so I connected my set top Virgin media box via the soundbar to the TV not HDMI 3. 

I then got myself one of these cables a certified 2.1 HDMI lead capable of 8K and 48mbps transfer. 

HDMI 2.1 Certified Cable 3m,Stouchi 8K 48Gbps Ultra High Speed 8K60 4K120 144Hz RTX 3090 eARC HDR10 ...

Now with the TV audio set up to earc auto (not PCM) and dolby ATMOS and this lead in HDMI 2 ARC to Sound bar I have had no glitchy or no sound/mute issues when watching 4K and ATMOS programs on Netflix or Prime via the Smart hub apps  (I never had an issue on PS5 as it was on passthrough) 

I think the 4K lead I had before was good but didn't support earc as the above cable does. 

Good luck and hope this can help a lot of you out as this has been driving me mad also.

0 Likes