Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eArc Issues with Samsung QN90B TV

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 04:02 PM)
Pauljr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a QN90B Samsung TV with significant eArc issues using a Yamaha A6A receiver.  I believe the Samsung QN90B and A models TV's have a major software and/or hardware critical defect with its eArc system.   The Samsung QN90B eArc problems started as soon as the Yamaha A6A was connected to the TV.  Performed extensive troubleshooting tasks over the span of 3 weeks with the help of experts from Yamaha's help line and they rightfully concluded that it was the Samsung QN90B TV having eArc communication issues with Yamaha A6A receiver.  Unfortunately the facts are now building that Samsung’s QN90B and A models TV’s do have a consistent and systemic defect in their eArc system that they need to fix as soon as possible. 

TV and AVR Configuration:

• Only using Samsung QN90B TV apps such as Youtube-TV, Netflix, PrimeTV, Disney, Youtube.
  • eArc using 8K rated cable TV output to HDMI-3 to Yamaha A6A eArc input.
  • TV model number, QN75QN90BAFXZA 

Summary of Problems with Samsung QN90A eArc with Yamaha A6A Receiver

1. Audio randomly drops out when switching channels and/or changing volume.
  2. Significant audio delays when switching channels and/or apps.
  3. At times have total loss of audio when switching channels and/or apps.
  4. At times no audio upon TV startup.
  5. Random AVR source change at TV startup, and when changing channels and/or apps.

Summary of Troubleshooting Tasks:

1. Switch to different HDMI cable at eArc connections, no improvements.
  2. Changed and adjusted numerous TV and AVR settings, no improvements.
  3. Bi-passed eArc with optical cable, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality audio.
  4. Bi-passed eArc with Apple TV using HDMI interconnects, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality video using Yamaha’s 4K up-converter, Samsung internal 4K upscaling is much better than Yamahas.
  5. Tried two new Yamaha A6A receivers, both had the same eArc issues.
  6. I believe there are no other solutions to this QN90B eArc problem.  I now firmly believe that the QN90B and A models have a hardware and/or software permanent eArc system defect.
25 REPLIES 25
xdomx
Journeyman
Options

I've got similar issue.. I'm using Samsung qe55qn90b with Sony HT-RT3 soundbar connected via HDMI (eARC->ARC).  Everything works fine, samsung remote works well with soundbar so when I turn on TV then automaticaly soundbar turns on and volume works too, exactly how I want, BUT there is a sound skipping every  10s and that is soo anoying.. I noticed that only thing that can help is take a soundbar remote and switch input to another and switch it back to TV. But I have to do it after every turning on TV, otherwise I'm getting theese sound skips. I tried different hdmi cables, all TV's and soundbar's settings, disconnect all cables from ports and from AC power, nothing helped.. The soundbar works without any problem with my old LG smart TV.. Samsung obviously have a problem with their HDMI eARC ports .. I hope that Samsung will release some update that will help. If not, I'm not sure I'll buy another Samsung TV..

0 Likes
Niro555
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just bought QN90B 65" - used to have old Samsung TV which worked fine with my Samsung J450 sounbar for years with HDMI port... currently, eArc disconnects every few seconds.  Replaced cable, updated firmware - nothing works. I am frustrated... sorry I got this model.

0 Likes
Dennar
Journeyman
Options

I have just taken delivery of a Samsung TV 65" S90C OLED 4K Smart TV (2023) and Samsung HW-Q930C Q-Series Soundbar (2023).

I keep losing the connection to the Samsung Soundbar via the HDMI (eARC) connection.

If I disconnect everything, then just connect the TV to the Soundbar via HMI eARC, it will work for a while and I can select Q Symphony so the TV speaker and the HDMI eARC setting is enabled and active, and the audio output changes to reflect the use of the TV as well as the Soundbar, but when I then turn off the TV via the Samsung Remote and turn it on again, it does not find the Soundbar and I am left with TV Speakers only.

If I power off, disconnect then power up again it will eventually find the HDMI eARC before dropping our again after I turn off the TV. YAWN. Do I have to do this every time I want to use the TV???

This is sooooo frustrating with brand new equipment that is meant to seamlessly integrate.

Very, very disappointed.

Dennis

0 Likes
CommunityDave
First Poster
Options

Same exact issues here with a Yamaha AVR.   Unplugging the TV sometimes resolves it or a short period of time, but it always comes Baki, and I also can’t easily get to the word behind the TV. 

TV is brand new.   Very disappointing. 

0 Likes
Saner
First Poster
Options

Hi Rachel

This works but then when you plug HDMI 1 and 2 in again, it starts playing up, switching to TV audio etc.

0 Likes
hawkno
First Poster
Options

Any resolution to this? I'm having the exact same issues with a Yamaha RX-A6A and a Samsung QN95B.

eARC from TV to AVR works 50% of the time. Turning on/off the reciever and TV usally helps, until changing an app or similar on the TV. Somtimes i have to pull the power to the TV in order to get it back working again.

I've replaced all HDMI cables, several times. Disconnected all other sources(just one HDMI cable from AVR to Samsung Oneconnect box), no other sources connected to TV or AVR. Tried 3 different type HDMI high quality cables(Supra, Monstercable) all 2.1 and works fine in other setups.

This issue drives me mad, I also got a new Yamaha RX-A6A. Did did also not solve the issue.

My TV is less than a year, Samsung claims its nothing wrong with it. However I have documented it otherwise with videos of the issue. 

Any advice on how \ what I shall instruct them to test so they can confirm eARC is not working as it should?

0 Likes
bobalay
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues as well w/ my Q90B. Sometimes it works but I never know if it will the next time I turn on the TV or switch inputs on my AVR. Currently my AVR isn't connected at all I by passed it and I'm just using the TVs speakers. I'm assuming there is still no solution just workarounds. This TV is brand new but already looking at getting rid of it for a Sony. What have some of you done to get it audio & video to work thru your AVR? TV & AVR have the latest firmware, HDMI cables are brand new Zeskit Maya 8K 2.1 purchased this past Friday. Cable box connected to AVR and AVR to TV, does't matter which HDMI port the issue happens with them all. 

0 Likes
xdomx
Journeyman
Options

Hi mate, I have to switch inputs on my sony soundbar (just from TV input to "analog">"bluetooth">"USB"> and back to "TV". For me it's the only way to get sound without problem, otherwise it skips sound every 5 sec. But I have to do it after every single turning on TV.. it's ridiculous..

0 Likes
freggel
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with 65qn85 connected to a yamaha avr, had this issue before also with a denon x2800h, so not avr related. 

Tried other hdmi cables, but That resulted in the same issue

0 Likes
bobalay
First Poster
Options

Ya, I usually get audio back but it takes a while. Most times I have to unplug the tv for 10secs or so but it's not worth the trouble because as soon as I change input or power it on the next day I have to repeat the process all over. Never getting Samsung again. I currently have my surround sound system completed disconnect and watching tv w/ the tv speakers. Awful, not what I expected after paying $2k for this thing.

0 Likes